cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy watch microphone

So I've had a galaxy watch for a little over a year now and suddenly when I make calls or try to use voice to text the microphone is not picking up my voice. The people I call can not hear me at all and the message app doesn't pick up anything I say. What can I do to try and fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy watch microphone

Have you tried resetting your watch? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

As a factory reset?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Correct, you would be resetting the watch back to factory standards. Give this link a try for information on how to back up your watch prior to resetting it: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I factory reset the watch and the microphone still doesn't work. When I tried calling someone in the same room no sound comes through on their phone from the watch. It seems defective at this point.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the factory reset did not fix the microphone, I would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician. Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Highlighted
Astronaut

i have the same problem exactly

and i tried factory resetting