Original topic:

Galaxy watch stuck on finishing pairing...

(Topic created on: 4/7/21 9:20 AM)
user94quoxcLI5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've recently upgraded from s10 plus to the s21 ultra and tried to pair my galaxy watch  with it and its stuck on the paring screen.  I've tried deleting the wear app and cache but my phone is stuck on pairing and my watch is stuck on let's go. Any help would be well appreciated as I rely on my watch thank you

Mat

19 Replies
alwayzzzbella
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried to pair my watch too and it is doing the same. I Google it and reason for it the older galaxy watch are not compatible with this phone
0 Likes
user94quoxcLI5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Only thr galaxy gear won't work ... anything from 2014 backwards won't work. The galaxy watch released 2017 so it can't be that. So I tried to pair again with my s10 plus and that won't work neither now so it must be a setting or old data on the watch that needs deleting but because you can't get on the watch until its paired with the device there's no way of doing it so I'm there must be A MEMBER OF THE SAMSUNG  team that can help us on here.

Thanks 

alwayzzzbella
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
thank you for the clarification and hope that someone can help. I have the same issue.
userws1wJvXJRK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue, I recently received a replacement galaxy Note 20 ultra since my screen cracked, and Ive tried everything to get the watch paired.  

I've deleted the Samsung wearable app several times, cleared cache, rebooted, restarted both the watch and phone, stopped blue tooth, stopped wireless.  Im at a loss, phone is stuck on Finishing Pairing and watch is stuck on "Check your phone to complete setup"  

Weird thing is that watch appears to be communicating on data, as I receive notifications while its on the "Check your phone to complete setup"  screen.  Guessing the issue is on the watch side.  Is there anyway to force a reset on the watch without having access to the watch menu?

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can also reset it from the Wear app.  General->Reset

or 

• Turn your Samsung smartwatch off by pressing and holding the power button (usually located in the bottom right side of the watch face). If it’s not responding, keep holding the button until the watch reboots.
  • While it’s rebooting, press the power button multiple times in quick succession. This will cause the Select Reboot Mode screen to appear.
  • Select Recovery by scrolling through the options with the home button.
    The device will reboot once again and perform a factory reset, erasing all of your data.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
userSAZy6amnFZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I followed your steps and my S21 Ultra is stuck on "Finishing pairing ...". I reset my Galaxy Watch (46mm) which is two years old and which was working with my S20 Ultra that was returned to T-Mobile in exchange for the S21. What are the next steps I can take to connect?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried pairing your watch with another device to see if it's just the S21 you are experiencing these symptoms with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSAZy6amnFZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got it working by connecting my S21 to a laptop using Dex via USB connection. In Dex, the Wear app popped up and I changed the name of the watch. It then worked. Don't know if it was the watch name change or using Dex that fixed the stuck pairing message.
0 Likes
userpzyGZorX76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was able to bypass the Connect to Phone setup menu on the watch by scrolling down and tapping on the question mark, then selecting the setup without connecting to phone option. Went through the options and when watch was setup, I went to settings and reset it, but kept my phone plan on it. After reset, I was able to do the setup normally through the phone and finished it without getting stuck.
0 Likes