cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userspbKXvVp8S
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy watch timeout settings

Funny, the wake up gesture is a touchless option to view the screen.  But its timeout can't be adjusted...unless we touch the watch.

user9ejim3xJsm
Constellation

It's a feature, not a bug. Yes it would be nice to have the setting for the gesture time-out. However, you're not understanding the UI concept. The gesture mode turns it on for around 4 seconds because the idea is that you're checking the time, or steps, or whatever. If you would simply just touch the screen, it will apply the time-out setting you have configured in settings. Just using gesture mode, you're telling the watch that you want to know the time. When you touch the screen, you are telling it to stay on, according your time-out setting, because now you area using the device for more than a quick check of the time.

It seems relatively obvious, once you think about it. 

uservp9jLnWW14
Astronaut

@user9ejim3xJsm Makes sense what you said but still reckon there should be a timeout setting for wake up gesture. Seems pretty easy to add. Yes it will kick in if you move a lot and stay on and drain battery but people will set it according to their own preference. Gives user the option. Example your sitting at dinner table (pretty sedentary) and would like to check the time (wake up gesture) then put your wrist back down on the table and have the timeout on so that you can show off your new dail or even show someone else the time. I got my galaxy watch 46mm this week and that's the first thing I noticed. Hence why I am on here. Created account just for this thread lol. It ws reported over a year ago and Samsung seem to not give a toss about it. Why? Please Samsung sort this out so that I can show off my new smart watch. 

userzUYzAOsBmh
Constellation

And here I assumed that the watch face was using the Display of the watch. 

Its probably safe to say that for every one person who has responded to this thread, that there are 50-100 people who are also reading this thread, wondering why Samsung dropped the ball on this. 

If their developments are customer-driven, I have to wonder who those customers are. 

If the watch face isn't using the "display", then there should be another option for the watch face timeout. 

Some watch faces are so busy, it takes a few seconds just to locate the desired data, let alone interpret it. 

userMn8WaezMgr
Constellation

Don't know how many reader/lurkers there are but I was one.  I find this to be a very annoying trait in my brand new watch.  Thanks to all for helping me understand why it behaves this way but it is difficult to believe Samsung won't make the wake up gesture time out confirguable.  4 seconds seem WAY too short to me.

userNlhqVhsVcV
Constellation

Samsung, please add a second setting for gesture wake-up

userCnrcPv9meI
Constellation

I hope they are adding the option to change wake up gesture display time. Seems like a bad design having the wake up gesture override the regular timeout setting.

@userNlhqVhsVcV wrote:

Samsung, please add a second setting for gesture wake-up

kiwik
Constellation

Download an app called "I am alive" and enable it but warning a real always on display drains battery fast lower the brightness some helps

userxiYBsF0oGM
Astronaut

SOLVE: Found an app that fixes this.  It's called Wrist-up Fix: Custom Display Timeout

woot!

Highlighted
userPbmYbsXF2c
Constellation

Me too...same issue...I agree this should be an easy fix for Samsung.  (Galaxy Watch Active Software version R500XXU1CSH3)

Update: I tried the "Wrist-up" App suggestion...didn't work on my Galaxy Watch Active.  I can't even get it to show up on my watch...I suspect it just doesn't work/run on this model.  Smiley Sad