cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch timeout settings

Following the thread because of the same complaint. Any progress on a remedy? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem, just got my watch. This is super annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue. Agree with solution proposed 

Highlighted
Constellation

So I too was wondering about this time out issue. 

I've been playing around a bit and have come to the conclusion that if you tip your arm (gesture) to see time, you get around 4 seconds of viewing time. If you set the time out, this seems to only work when you press a button to view time. However, if you use gesture(to wrist) and touch screen anywhere while viewing time, screen will kick into timeout mode, what you have it set too. Makes sense for this to be set like this and utilise battery to full potential.  Would be nice to have this written somewhere though to inform users. 

Hope this makes sense and helps. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem and just received my watch yesterday. This is extra annoying if you are a programmer because you understand how easy this is to fix... Get your act together Samsung. Someone should be canned over this... Now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

same issue

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you!! You are right. I tried soo many settings with no answer. It is not as bad now that I know how to do it. Still anoying and do think it should be adjustable time limit with gesture. 

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Asteroid

The screen timeout of the wake up function SHOULD BE THE SAME as the normal screen timeout, regardless of use.  It's now almost April of 2019 and this still hasn't been addressed.  If it is considered normal funciton, then the developers didn't put enough thought into it.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem here. Screen times out after a couple of seconds. Setting is 1 minute...also,  50% of the time it goes black instead of the aod, even though the aod is on.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue.  Hate it.  Needs a fix Samsung!!