cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevemiller333
Constellation

Galaxy watch with Galaxy Buds bluetooth issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have downloaded some music files to my galaxy watch so I can leave my phone at home and listen to music when I go for a run. I am having poor connectivity between my new Galaxy Watch and my Galaxy Buds as soon as I lower my wrist below my belt line. The Audio becomes choppy and sometimes goes out completely. 

I have updated and reset both the Buds and the watch, and tried different audio files. 

The earbuds work totally fine when they are connected to the phone. 

Has anyone had and/or solved this issue with the Watch and Buds connected without a phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
stevemiller333
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch with Galaxy Buds bluetooth issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I found out the issue. I needed to move my watch to my right wrist rather than my left.  No more signal loss.  

Must have been an engineering oversight on Samsung's part. Looks like the watch communicates with the Galaxy buds via the right bud and the intereference of my body between the left wrist and the right bud was too much to maintain a solid audio signal. 

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielcoelho
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, and I also didn't find any solution yet Smiley Sad

Highlighted
stevemiller333
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I found out the issue. I needed to move my watch to my right wrist rather than my left.  No more signal loss.  

Must have been an engineering oversight on Samsung's part. Looks like the watch communicates with the Galaxy buds via the right bud and the intereference of my body between the left wrist and the right bud was too much to maintain a solid audio signal. 

user2m08sWKi5S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue using another watch from Garmin. This seems to be an issue without any fix option other than engineering change to the buds to be left ear receiving...so every runner or athlete with left wrist attach has this issue....not even sure what to say.