cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch with Galaxy Buds bluetooth issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have downloaded some music files to my galaxy watch so I can leave my phone at home and listen to music when I go for a run. I am having poor connectivity between my new Galaxy Watch and my Galaxy Buds as soon as I lower my wrist below my belt line. The Audio becomes choppy and sometimes goes out completely. 

I have updated and reset both the Buds and the watch, and tried different audio files. 

The earbuds work totally fine when they are connected to the phone. 

Has anyone had and/or solved this issue with the Watch and Buds connected without a phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch with Galaxy Buds bluetooth issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I found out the issue. I needed to move my watch to my right wrist rather than my left.  No more signal loss.  

Must have been an engineering oversight on Samsung's part. Looks like the watch communicates with the Galaxy buds via the right bud and the intereference of my body between the left wrist and the right bud was too much to maintain a solid audio signal. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, and I also didn't find any solution yet Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I found out the issue. I needed to move my watch to my right wrist rather than my left.  No more signal loss.  

Must have been an engineering oversight on Samsung's part. Looks like the watch communicates with the Galaxy buds via the right bud and the intereference of my body between the left wrist and the right bud was too much to maintain a solid audio signal. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue using another watch from Garmin. This seems to be an issue without any fix option other than engineering change to the buds to be left ear receiving...so every runner or athlete with left wrist attach has this issue....not even sure what to say. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the solution guys, no need to swap the watch over to the other wrist!

when you take out the buds make sure that you put in the bud that is the same side as your watch listen to the beep to connect, THIS MAKE IT THE PRIMARY EARBUD as default its the right !

boom then it will work!

still, Samsung needs to fix this issue as you should not need to do this and it was the same issue with iConX buds and last years, I was hoping this would be fixed on the buds+ plus but it's not...

you will find that the degraded connection happens worse when not in a building on walking\running next to a build!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This made improvement, but not a real solution.  #samsung please update!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue and came up with the same solution. Stupid engineering glitch considering most people wear their watch on their left hand. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Galaxy watch with Galaxy Buds bluetooth issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have exactly the issue and moving watch to right hand resolved the continous cutting in and out. Taking buds back to bestbuy. Disappointing.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Facing the same issue. Wonder how the earbuds build passed the testing. Changing the watch to another wrist unfortunately can't be a solution for everyone.

Hope Samsung releases a fix.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here