JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy wear app keeps saying check network connection when trying to pair

(Topic created: 05-05-2022 07:38 AM)
NotTheTodd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've uninstalled and reinstalled galaxy wearable app, restarted both the phone and the watch, and tried pairing it while my phone is on wifi and on mobile data. Keeps prompting me to check my network connection.

Is there some server problem at Samsung currently?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
userwvMPy65065
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy watch. 

0 Likes
Plazma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here, recently wanted a fresh start on both my Galaxy A12 and Watch4, but now I can't configure the watch at all! Worked fine when I first setup the watch, but this is the only problem so far. I can confirm I have both a stable Wi-Fi and LTE connection, and neither device has received any damage other than light cosmetic scratches. 

0 Likes
TheQ_42
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same problem.  I'm pretty angry about it too--I was seeing MASSIVE battery drain from Google Play Services (according to the battery monitor), and when I saw my watch wouldn't connect, I assumed the two things were related (since they started at the same time).

After resetting my watch, rolling back Google Play Services, and a bunch of other things, I nuked my phone (factory reset), which is MASSIVELY inconvenient (since it's also my car key), and it still doesn't  work.  This is . . . upsetting.  Also, Samsung, better error messaging would be great.

user6f6B6L3WDt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue! Just got a new watch today and was excited to get it set up.
userDbu1Dqki1Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue. None of my samsung devices are connecting through the wearable app. Very fustrating.

userWkwiUPsSqX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The issue is definitely on  Samsung's end. Reinstalling the wearable app/re-adding the devices makes it search for the plugin and the servers seem to be down and thus blocking any pairing. Hope they fix this soon. Very annoying

userScCGI7DmHb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Support on my end told me they couldn't comment on this issue when I shared this link with them because it was the US community forum. For those wondering this is a worldwide issue even if your support is telling you otherwise

User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

which phone do you have? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

what is the wearable app version?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand how frustrating it is not being able to pair your device due to a network connection error. There are few things to try to troubleshooting the issue.

1. Make sure the phone and the watch are compatible

2. You can follow the steps here to correctly setup the watch with the phone.

3. If you are still receiving the Network Connection error, try troubleshooting the Wearables app by Clearing the app cache, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. 

4. If the error persists, I would recommend submitting an error report via our Samsung Members app. By doing this, it will alert our engineers. 🙂 

Raising an Error Report

Please ensure you raise an Error Report within 5 minutes of the issue occurring on your Galaxy device. While raising an Error Report it is important that you DO NOT close the Samsung Members app while log files are being generated. 

Please ensure Send system log data is ticked. Once the Error Report has been sent, you will be able to review it within your feedback section.