JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S watch wold not connect with S21 Ultra.

(Topic created: 02-06-2021 08:53 AM)
Gcayey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having issue connecting my old school Gear S watch with tis new phone. I open the wearble app selct the model nomber of the watch and a massage shows that it cannot install contact us.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Based on the information from product support due to the Galaxy Gear S being end of life, it is no longer compatible with the wearables application. If you have had this watch for sometime, you should have noticed a message that was sent to you regarding this specifically. At this time we would recommend updating to one of the later watch models in order to get the best watch experience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

4 Replies
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wow. It's time for you to upgrade. You can't have an old school watch with a S21 Ultra. You just can't. If you pre-ordered, use your credits and get a new watch. Or just wear it as a standalone watch.
0 Likes
userIZZHNDmVCC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
i have the same problem, very upsetting
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Based on the information from product support due to the Galaxy Gear S being end of life, it is no longer compatible with the wearables application. If you have had this watch for sometime, you should have noticed a message that was sent to you regarding this specifically. At this time we would recommend updating to one of the later watch models in order to get the best watch experience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

The Gear S and Gear Watch are no longer supported by the new Wear app, which the Gear app automatically updates to.  It's not really the S21 it's the app.   I am not even able to connect my Gear to my Note 3 which is the phone I bought it with because of the updated app.

We need the gear app frozen at that version before the update to Wear so that these old watches can at least be setup on older phones.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor