Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 Battery Drain with August Update

One UI Version 1.5

Tizen Verison 4.0.0.7

My battery could easly last 3 days.  Now after 12 hours I am at 30%.  All this changed after the last update.  I had the same problem with my last Gear S2 watch.  If this is a trend to get you to upgrade to the next watch, I may convert me and my whole family to Apple.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Gear S3 Battery Drain with August Update

I am also having the same issue. Even in power saving mode it is draining a lot faster. Really need a quick fix otherwise it makes the watch useless if it cannot even last for one full day.

Highlighted
Constellation

I charged my watch overnight, put it on this morning and it just died. hadn't opened an app on it at all today.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem here on my Gear S3. The Galaxy Wearable app shows the culprit is the Samsung Health app on the watch, which was recently updated. I'm seeing many current posts from users with various Samsung watches reporting the same problem.

What is going on with QC at Samsung? This is the SECOND time I have witnessed this same issue in the past couple of years. And there are posts littered across the Web indicating this has occurred before I even bought my watch as well.

If history is any indication we'll see posts from Samsung representatives which make no sense and offer no reliable solutions over the next several months until Samsung finally gets their act together and fixes the problem. In the meantime, customers will leave the Samsung brand for other options. And nothing official will ever be shared by Samsung. It's infuriating.

This was my workaround I posted for the problem last time it happened. I won't complicate things by trying to explain how I came to the workaround or why I believe it works. I'm also not sure it will work this time; later today will be the first time I'll try it. I just thought I'd get the information out there again.

Simply reboot the watch after any workout is detected or used on it, presumably when the watch is using geo location services at least. I believe the battery is draining because this service is not properly being shut down after a workout. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I let it drain to zero and gave it a full charge. At 7 am it was at 100%. 10 pm, it is dead. This is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm back to share that I have tested my "work around"  as posted above and it is an effective method to prevent the battery drain issue on my watch. As ridiculous as it is to have to jump through these hoops, I mean...