cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userMkwo1UFE6N
Asteroid

Gear S3 Fontier Battery Drain

Today I noticed that my Gear S3 Fontier suddenly started draining the battery very quickly. I used to get 2 days and now I am lucky if I get 4 hours. I did a factory reset and did not restore from backup 3 times but the problem is still there. I called Samsung and they offred to let me send it in for $73 dolallas to be examined and then additonal costs if parts are needed. I decided to wait since I dont think that this is a hardware problem. I think its a software problem.  Just now it was 83% at 3:49, 73% at 4:21 and 70% at 4:41 that is a drop of 13% in 52 minutes. I dont understand why it just started to happen now. Was there a recent upgrade? I am currently on Tizen Version 4.0.0.4. I tired all the  hocus pocus witchcraft nonsence like turning on and off AOD and Touch wake-up and draining the battery completely etc. All a waste of time since its clearly a software issue. I am a loyal Samsung customer and just upgraded my Note 9 to the new Note 10+ but this watch issue is so frustrating and Samsung should admit there is a problem and tell us the ETA to the patch. Dont they test and QC their software releases. This is now the second time that they have had a serious battery drain on their smart watches. Perhaps its time to look at other watches.

6 REPLIES 6
Jeffc73OC
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 Fontier Battery Drain

Yes. I just noticed that battery drain issue too on my Gear S3 frontier. From 6am to 8am it dropped to 75% and now at 1130am it is at 64%. It would last 2.5 days for me usually. Do t know why. I did just recently update my S10 plus to the Android 10 Beta. But I don't see why that would affect it. I noticed that it indicated my calendar app using 12% since last charged and have not opened the calendar app yet today.

Samsung_3F2DOH2
Astronaut

Having the same issue with galaxy watch. Just updated s10 to Android 10 beta. Watch dies from fill charge after about 8 hours, while before the update it would last nearly 4 days...

BigPhordee
Asteroid

I noticed the drain issue yesterday. I just checked my s3 Frontier.. Took it off the charger this morning at 100%, it's almost 3pm est and it's at 24%. I wonder if this is because I upgraded to Android 10 beta a few days ago?

BigPhordee
Asteroid

There was an update for the world clock for the all Galaxy Watches. I updated and the problem seems to have been solved... I think 😉

Bromo
Constellation

Same problem. One day I get 3 days of life from a full charge. Then suddenly somewhere around 9 hours and it's dead.

My frontier is now sitting a drawer. A watch that won't get me through a day is worthless.

NoteGearGirlNVA
Constellation

Hello, I have had my gear 3 classic for over a year now with wonderful battery life. But after my last update (last week) it's worthless. I can't get 8 hours before it dies and i'm not about to carry my charger with me everywhere I go. There has to be an issue with the last phone update since it was perfectly fine up until this weekend. Help Samsung - i need my watch on my wrist not setting in my purse dead as a doornail! Thanks!