Original topic:

Gear S3 battery drains

(Topic created: 08-06-2021 12:57 PM)
userK3yGGRVUMq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So about a week ago (9 days to be exact) my Gear s3 Frontier went from 92% to 15% within 5hrs. Until then, I would get almost 2.5 - 3 days on a charge. I work for the post office and walk 10-15miles daily and my watch always worked and would sustain a charge for 2.5 - 3 days.

Now, I'm lucky if I can get 12hrs on a fully charged battery. I've done a reset, I've done a bunch of resets (ones with no back ups restoring, ones with backups restoring) and it comes up with the same results. The battery lasts 10-14hrs if I'm lucky.

I've had this watch for almost 4yrs now (Christmas gift from my wife when I get hired on at the post office in 2017) but I'm at a loss as to why all of a sudden the battery loss is so great. 

I'm using a Google Pixel 5 and I updated the Gear app last week, I've downgraded the gear app, i'm at my wits end. 

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userK3yGGRVUMq LiIon batteries last around 2-3 years on average. Since you have had your watch 4 years, I would guess that it needs a new battery. 

0 Likes
userK3yGGRVUMq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok now I'm getting p1ssed off. I came here over a month ago and explained that my Gear S3 Frontier battery was draining quickly. Somebody suggested that my watch it's self is almost 4 yrs old and said I should replace the battery. 

Well i replaced the battery a few days ago and it made no difference at all. Battery doesn't even make it 10hrs on a single charge. 

I've factory reset it, so at this point i know it's software related. I would like to know how to downgrade my watch software to Tizen 3x and uninstall things like Bixby and other software that can't be uninstalled. 

I want to start from actual scratch not just a factory reset. This is extremely frustrating. 

Anyone have any further suggestions? 

0 Likes