cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cajunrph
Constellation

Gear S3 frontier won't charge.

My Gear S3 frontier watch started not to change lately. At first I could reposition the watch and make it charge. But now nothing works. It will charge for about a minute or less then the red light blinks. I've used different charging bases, different cords and different blocks. All cords and blocks will charge other devices. I ended up buying a new Samsung base from Best Buy and still not charging.  I even cleaned the back of the watch with a q-tip and some alcohol.  Still not charging. I did notice the sequence of the led light on the base. It goes from green to orange to red. Red is solid for anywhere from a few seconds to maybe a minute. Then it starts to blink.  Orange is just for a second or less. The bases used are a Samsung rapid charger, amazon block for Kindles and my wall outlet that has a built in USB charging outlet. None of them work for the watch and all work for other devices,  from my phone to my tablets. So the blocks are good as are my cords. 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 frontier won't charge.

Have you verified the software is up to date on the watch? There are more helpful suggestions here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003100/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservVvzyonrbS
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 frontier won't charge.

I have the same issue with my s3 frontier now.

SM-760

<HIDDEN>

Tizen 4.0.0.4

Version R760XXU2ESF2

Wont charge to 100% and starts to drain the battery while on the cradle.

Looking through this forum the problem has been there for 2 years or more and Samsung still haven't solved this issue!!

Has anyone got any answers??