cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarthAnalyst
Asteroid

Gear Sport Inaccurate Step Count & Distance

I have a Gear Sport (Model: SM-R600) with software version R600XXU1CSI1/R600OXA1CSI1 that worked flawlessly until a week ago.  I'm not 100% sure, but think the software was updated before I began experiencing problems.

The issue is the step count and distance is about 45% off (too high).  As an example, 6.72 miles on a treadmill registered as 9.8 miles.  Through the end of last week, the distance was very precise compared to the treadmill.

Is anyone else seeing an issue like this?  Is it possible to rollback the software to see if the issue was triggered by an update vs. a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Sport Inaccurate Step Count & Distance

Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to your steps on the watch or are you referring to the steps in the Samsung Health app?

DarthAnalyst
Asteroid

I haven't monitored them prior to synching, so I'm not 100% sure.  Does Samsung Health amend steps/distances on timed workouts from the watch?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you please send me a picture of the screen you are referring to on your watch so I can better assist?

DarthAnalyst
Asteroid

Thanks.  Here are two contrasting days, Friday, 9/20 which was the most recent day it was accurate, then 9/24.

The workouts are on the same treadmill at a constant speed of 3.1 mph.

Previously,  workouts were always really close to what the treadmill showed.  As you will see in the pics, results are way off now.

Thanks for replying!

20190929_135605.png

20190929_135708.png

20190929_140005.png

20190929_140055.png

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you by any chance have your phone on you while you were walking on 09/24/2019?

DarthAnalyst
Asteroid

No, phone habits/handling has been consistent. 

The treadmill has a shelf on the control console and I set the phone there.  Once I'm walking, I very rarely, if ever, touch it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at (855) 795-0509.