cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear s2 classic won't stop vibrating when alarm goes on

Hello. I'm searching for a solution of this. I don't have a 3rd window when i set an alarm I only have set time and repeat weekly. In the settings i do have vibration and it is set to none but it doesn't seem to work for alarms. I think that my system might be an older version but it says that it is up to date. I tried rebooting the watch, deleting the app on my phone and nothing worked. I hope someone knows a way to fix it. I've been thinking about buying some alarm widget but I don't know if it will work. 

5 REPLIES 5
Product Expert

Re: Gear s2 classic won't stop vibrating when alarm goes on

Hi @usertSSS5pvOVS 

Sorry, you are going through this issue. Have you tried a hard reset on the device? I believe that this would solve the alarm error if it is the software. Below is the process to help.

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.

If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.

1. Back up data.
  2. Turn the Gear S2 off.
  3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  5. Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
  6. Press and hold the Power key to select.
  7. Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S2 begins rebooting.
Highlighted
Constellation

Hello. Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I tried master reset from the setting menu and there's still no change in the device. Is there anything else that I can do since samsung stores are probably closed?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @usertSSS5pvOVS ,

I'd suggest a factory reset on the device since rebooting did not resolve the issue and the software is up to date.

Here are different ways to go about doing that.

Master reset from settings menu

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.

1. Back up data.
  2. Swipe up on the Home screen.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Gear info.
  5. Tap Reset Gear.
  6. Tap Factory reset.
  7. Tap OK.

Master reset with hardware keys

If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.

1. Back up data. 
  2. Turn the Gear S2 off.
  3. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  5. Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
  6. Press and hold the Power key to select.
  7. Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S2 begins rebooting.

Soft reset with hardware keys

This is a uni-body device with an internal battery that cannot be removed. If you need to reset the device, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Power key for 8-10 seconds.
  2. Wait as the device restarts.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello. Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I tried master reset from the setting menu and there's still no change in the device. Is there anything else that I can do since samsung stores are probably closed?

Highlighted
Product Expert

@SamsungModerator can you assist further with this? 

Device sending for repair

In this case, you may need to bring the device to an authorized repair center to be diagnosed. Below are options for you to get the device repaired and back to its pristine condition.

Option 1: Many of the local Best Buy stores across the United States have a “Samsung Experience” shop who will offer walk-in repairs and in many cases on the same day. Please check out this store locator and filter for “Samsung Experience” to find a store location near you: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/store-locator

Option 2: You can ship it to Samsung for repair by following this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request

Alternatively, you may use the text option to start the mail-in process. Text SMSCARE to 62913 to receive live support 24/7** Standard text message and data rates may apply

Option 3: Ubreakifix

+The partnership brings same-day, in-person support to more than 300 Samsung Care Authorized uBreakiFix stores nationwide, and will continue to grow.

+The majority of Samsung Galaxy device owners are able to get authorized support in two hours or less – from screen repairs to maintenance and software troubleshooting.

+Samsungs goal is to provide Samsung device owners with a care-first experience that is as innovative as our products.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Option 4: FedEx
You can also visit the FedEx website and schedule an appointment:
http://www.fedex.com/us/office/samsung-repair.html