cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usero9ttdfIRsB
Asteroid

Gear s3 Frontier battery drain after most recent One UI update (much regret)

I regret updating my LTE gear s3 frontier to the One UI update.  Before the update I was getting a solid 2-3 days battery life.  After the update, I now get 1-2 days battery life.  I should not have update and if anyone hasn't update theirs yet, please DO NOT update.

Samsung PLEASE fix the battery issue, AGAIN.  It was working perfectly before the update.  Much much regret.  Is there a way to downgrade back before the One UI update?

7 REPLIES 7
DhiCan1
Cosmic Ray

You just have to put its ApP to sleep here

You just have to put its ApP to sleep here

MLM1
Cosmic Ray

Thanks for the message. I had to have my Gear Frontier re...

Thanks for the message. I had to have my Gear Frontier replaced when it was going through battery in a matter of couple of hours after the updates last year.

New one is fine and I will not update it if its having same problem. However Its cool you get 2 days now. Mines only last one day with full battery. If I updated could imagine what drain would be!!

Thanks for heads up!!

DhiCan1
Cosmic Ray

Yw! I received my Note 10+ 256 this afternoon & paired wi...

Yw! I received my Note 10+ 256 this afternoon & paired with my Galaxy watch 42 & had same exact experience, but I have a Note 9 and learned everything in n it si I put it on sleeping mode and that was all.

userWo1z44KKx8
Constellation

Re: Gear S2 Sport Smart watch Battery Drain after recent update

I too am having the same issue with my Samsung S2 Sport Smartwatch since the last update ran a couple weeks ago. I called Samsung, (on the brisk of running out of factory warranty) and they told me to reset to factory settings. Did that, within 4 hours, I am at just under 50% battery life still. I use to get 2-3 days out of a full charge.

I also had the Samsung Gear Icon X earbuds and the left ear bud stopped working TWICE. They finally recalled those and sent me the Samsung buds as a replacement.

This is ridiculous! Samsung get it together or you are going to lose your customers. My Apple friends do not have this issue. 

usero9ttdfIRsB
Asteroid

Re: Gear s3 Frontier battery drain after most recent One UI update (much regret)

Fully charged, the samsung phone app says I get 1 day and 9 hours of battery life.  Before the OneUI update, I got 2 days 23 hours of battery life.  It makes you wonder if samsung does this on purpose considering people made a big deal last time about the battery, and did they fix it, only the reintroduce bad battery life again. ugh.

usero9ttdfIRsB
Asteroid

Re: Gear s3 Frontier battery drain after most recent One UI update (much regret)

I found the culprit, it's the samsung app on my iphone that's causing the battery to drain quickly on my gear s3.  If I don't sync my watch to the app I'll get over 2+ days of battery life.  If I sync the app to my watch I'll get 1.5 days max.  Samsung please investigate and FIX.

Highlighted
Wolfdance
Asteroid

With my galaxy s7 my frontier frontier gear 3 got easily 2.5 to 3 days on a charge. But when I upgraded phone to a s10 suddenly battery life is less than 24hrs.  Same apps, same watch face.  What did they do to kill the watches so bad?