cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear s3 frontier stopped working after update

My gear s3 Frontier stopped working a few months ago after doing a suggested update. The watch worked fine prior to the update and now it doesn't turn on except for a few seconds at a time. I've tried all the resets and rebooting etc. With no success. I do not want to spend money for a repair as I know this was due to a software update and nothing else. I baby my watch therefore know it was not caused by any damage on my end. What do I do next? My watch just sits in my dresser drawer now which is a shame. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear s3 frontier stopped working after update

@Samsung_8NiOHhr Can you go into more detail about your issue? What has your watch stopped doing exactly?

Once I take it off the charger (fully charged) and I turn it on, it will cycle through the start up like normal. Right after the word "SAMSUNG" appears and starts to fade away, the watch shut off completely. Ever once in a while will it show my watch face, but then it will shut off. I have had it where it will go to normal function until about 20minutes then it will shut off completely. That is a rare occasion for it to stay on for that long. I am not sure what needsto be done. I rebooted it, I factory reset it, I did all the steps that has been suggested on forums like this, but nothing has worked. This all happened a several month ago when I did an update. I believe it is a software issue. Please help! Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

I just sent you a PM regarding your request. Thank you.

Did you receive the requested information I sent via PM?

Highlighted

Can you adjust the screen timeout of the watch?