Original topic:

Gmail notifications on Galaxy watch 4 classic

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 12:50 AM)
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello everyone  .
The Gmail notifications on the Galaxy watch 4 classic does not vibrate and the watch misses mist of the Gmail notifications to begin with.
Please write a comment if you have the same problem so someone at Samsung could hear about it and send an update . Gmail notifications are essential in everyday business to millions of people. 
16 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just add the Gmail app to the notification permissions on the watch and it works fine. My watch tells me every time I get an email on my phone, let's me read it and delete, all from the watch.

Edit: fix is posted further down the list. I had forgotten that outlook was the key to this working right, but I didn't set it up again after I did a Factory reset on the watch.
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for your reply.
I tried that as well and made sure the notification toggle is on fir Gmail.
The problem is that the emails show on the watch but the watch never vibrates when they come in.
This only happens with Gmail.
Please advise.
Thank you
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
No idea what else to do . That's all I did to mine and it's worked since.
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are you in the United states?...I thought maybe there might be a difference in the software...Also are you certain your watch also vibrates when Gmail comes in?
Thank you
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, I know it used to. Just tested it and it's not giving me any notifications on the watch. It there and I can read it and delete it, but no sound and no vibration. This is irritating as it has worked before, I think it was before the last update. Sorry for the misinformation.
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
No problem my friend..thank you so much for letting me know..I would very much appreciate it if you would kindly let me know 8f you find a solution...Good luck and thanks again.
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
No problem my friend..thank you so much for letting me know..I would very much appreciate it if you would kindly let me know 8f you find a solution...Good luck and thanks again.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I fixed it. It's not the ideal solution but forgot that I did a factory reset and didn't setup outlook again. It was the only way I got it to work. Like I said, it's not ideal but works for every email that comes in. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
You mean you only fixed outlook?...what about Gmail ?
Thank you
0 Likes