Original topic:

Gmail notifications on Galaxy watch 4 classic

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 01:30 AM)
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello everyone  .
The Gmail notifications on the Galaxy watch 4 classic does not vibrate and the watch misses mist of the Gmail notifications to begin with.
Please write a comment if you have the same problem so someone at Samsung could hear about it and send an update . Gmail notifications are essential in everyday business to millions of people. 
16 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have to link Gmail through outlook, this way when you receive an email to your Gmail, outlook will tell your watch you have a email. I created a outlook account just to make this work. It was the only fix I could make work 100% of the time.
Make an outlook account if you don't have one. Then go to outlook settings and add Gmail account. Go back to notification settings on the watch and toggle outlook notifications ON. Like I said, it's not ideal and bugs me to no end to have it setup this way, but if email notifications is important to you when they arrive, this is the way for the time being. I hope this helps .
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I sincerely thank you
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your welcome, glad I could help and get mine working again lol. It's such a pain for a simple task.
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I hope they send an update to fix the issue because I have already returned my watch because of this problem.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dang, that  I read they are planning on fixing it, just don't know when. My issue is the HR 10 minute option stopped work when CUID firmware was installed on the watch. Continuous works fine, but I would rather use the 10 minute option. They want me to return it for repairs yet I'm not the only one having the problem. I will wait to see what the next update does before sending it in. It would take about a month to get it back since they use FedEx ground. Took 3 weeks for it to get to California from Texas...that's pathetic! I ordered the standard Breen one for my daughter, it shipped out the 4th, last place it showed was Texas, 4 days ago, was supposed to be here yesterday ( the 8th). Now the delivery date is blank. 😠 😡

0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes I hear you ...it could be frustrating...I really depend on Gmail for work otherwise I would keep the watch...went back to watch active 2 but the battery on that one is old already and dies down very quickly
0 Likes
AmericanSupreme
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Would anyone know how we can get word to Samsung staff regarding this issue?
Thanks
0 Likes