cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Good safety feature for galaxy watch 3

I am going to get a galaxy watch 3 soon, and as a samsung lover, I think that it should have more comprehensive safety features. at the very least, a car mode. Make use of the acclerometer (you need one for gps so it does have one) to detect speeds sustained longer and faster than a human can go, or make it a setting. Tie this into the in-built fall detection to detect crashes. Also, come on samsung. You NEED to make the fall detection for stationary as well! I shouldnt have to walk around for about 5 minutes before it detects I am moving and will then recognize a fall! I want to know for sure I can be safe wearing this watch wherever I go. I will always love samsung and these are just suggestions, but as a novice programmer, I know these features are nothing for the programmers over in Japan. Stay safe out there and WEAR A MASK!!! Enjoy your holidays!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Good safety feature for galaxy watch 3

@FinnTheHackerman wrote:

Make use of the acclerometer (you need one for gps so it does have one) to detect speeds sustained longer and faster than a human can go, or make it a setting. Tie this into the in-built fall detection to detect crashes. 

This could be an issue when you are on an airplane. You don't want your watch sending SOS messages. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Good safety feature for galaxy watch 3

So smart! this is why I also said you could use a toggle setting for it, instead of utilizing the accelerometer. Thanks for the feedback