Original topic:

Google Assistant Freezing Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created: 06-06-2022 07:01 AM)
userbw4H0sr0jL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
At times during the day my watch becomes unresponsive.  Can't access notifications, apps, or settings.  Only way to fix it is to turn off watch and restart it.  It is even hard to turn it off. I disabled Assistant settings and still have the problem.  Now I disabled the app in GALAXY Wearable only because it won't let me uninstall.  I do not want to reset the watch because it is a pain to restore everything.
3 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

back up the watch often so the restore process is easier (if you aren't backing up already).

if you can reproduce the freeze issue or if it's still freezing, then immediately report error to wear app > menu > contact us > error report (you need samsung phone for this).

0 Likes
userbw4H0sr0jL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do back up the watch, but thank you for the reminder. I turned off the Assistant voice activation after restarting the app and have not had the problem since. I hope there is an update soon that stops the voice activation feature from causing this problem.
0 Likes
userHkXMTYzXuU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I started having the same problem recently where my Watch 4 Classic would become slow and unresponsive. The only way to fix it is to reboot the watch.  This has happened to me 4 times now and is getting annoying.

I don't know if it is due to the latest update Samsung applied to it or some app that causes it. 

What I seem to notice when it happens is when I get text message(s) coming in and the watch stalls and becomes extremely slow and unresponsive to screen swipes or touches.

I hope Samsung can fix this problem with a new firmware software update!

0 Likes