JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Messages not updating messages On Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created: 06-03-2022 10:06 PM)
JadenIsiah
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I currently have a Watch 4 and Galaxy S22+. Problem is, is that if I use Google messages I have to use the companion app for the Watch too. But for me, the Watch app barely ever displays new messages as they come - compared to Samsung messages where they display near perfectly in sync. If I send a text through my Watch, the message goes through, but visually disappears  and chats are never up to date and can be confusing. How can I fix this or is this something only Google can fix???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the Galaxy watch 4 not syncing properly with the Google messages app on your S22+. After testing on our devices, this appears to be a Google issue. I would recommend reaching out to Google directly for further assistance.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have similar problem on my 2018 Galaxy Watch. I use Google messages app on my phone, but watch wants me to use Samsung messages. I replaced few of Samsung's apps with Google apps.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the Galaxy watch 4 not syncing properly with the Google messages app on your S22+. After testing on our devices, this appears to be a Google issue. I would recommend reaching out to Google directly for further assistance.