Original topic:

Google Speech Issue

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 04:03 PM)
ToxicPoptart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am currently using the Galaxy watch 4 with my pixel 5. I Have google speech and gboard set to my defaults. The problem im having is when i try to use the microphone to send a message i keep getting "waiting to download launguages" and then never lets me talk. I have no problems using gboard to type out a message, only when i use the microphone.

Steps i have already taken to try and fix the problem

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled gboard (only fixed it for a short period of time before the issue came back)

2. Complete reset of the watch back to factory settings (only fixed it for a short time before the issue came back)

3. Uninstalled the Samsung suite and plug ins from my pixel 5 (didnt help)

4. Cleared cache and storage (didnt help)

5. Submitted a ticket to google to let them know of the issue

The only thing i have not done is factory reset my phone but that wouldnt help the issue with the watch. Its something i can live with but im starting work in a few days and would really love to have the feature working for when im busy and only have a few seconds to reply to a message. Has anyone ran into this issue or know how to fix it?

Thank you

4 Replies
ToxicPoptart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Still looking for help on this post. Thanks

0 Likes
userXGd0S8fJ07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I encounter same issue but for me it only occurs when in a specific location while on a secure wifi..... I'm thinking this may be related to the network of the phone. Perhaps the watch is not receiving data at the time of microphone connection. My watch does not do this at all when I'm home on wifi.....odd.... but a theory
0 Likes
userXGd0S8fJ07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
To be clear, I encounter this only while at work where I have a poor network connection or on a very secure network. Otherwise at home or out on the go it works.... Test in different locations to see.....
0 Likes
ToxicPoptart
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I dont have wifi connected to either my phone or the watch and im getting this error

0 Likes