JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google assistant causing massive battery drain on Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created: 05-25-2022 05:57 AM)
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

Was looking forward to this, but after one day I'll probably live without it, massive battery drain and I didn't even use it just set it up. Between my phone and my buds I can use the assistant through them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
steveo57
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

The problem is when you set it up you activated always listening which is draining your battery because it is always on.  I just activate when I want to use it and their is little effect on the battery.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
steveo57
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

The problem is when you set it up you activated always listening which is draining your battery because it is always on.  I just activate when I want to use it and their is little effect on the battery.

Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
How do you do it that way?
0 Likes
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
And, how, if you say"ok Google"will it not do it on the phone and the buds all all at the same time?
0 Likes
steveo57
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

You have to choose to use OK Google in the setup or not. I chose not because I figured it would use too much battery.  I have not looked but you can probably go into settings and disable always listening.  Then I just open the app when I want to use it.

Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you!
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I set the Google Assistant to work by long press on the side buttons instead of always listen.

0 Likes
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Google and Google products are always actively listening for marketing purposes. I've had discussions in other about rare items and subjects, only to find them being advertised to me on every Google app or Google partners the next day. Regardless, I am accustomed to it by now. However, when I had the assistant actively listening, it would answer although no mention of Google was said, and its answers were downright freakish at times.
0 Likes