cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Hacking issue

Everytime I add my credit card to my Samsung Pay on my Galaxy watch, my credit card gets hacked.

Is there any security available for the galaxy watch to help prevent this from happening? It's one of the main reasons I purchased this watch.

7 REPLIES 7
Cosmic Ray

Re: Hacking issue

Can you provide more information? And how do you know it was caused by Samsung pay

Highlighted
Constellation

The reason I believe it's the galaxy watch issue is because I've tried 3 different times and each time within a week my card is hacked and has to be replaced. When I quit using Samsung pay on my watch it stopped happening. It's been about a year ago now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Try turning NFC off when you're not paying for items, NFC is easy to trick and this is the only reason I see that could lead to an attack on your personal data.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Someone Hack my samsung pay and went shopping at least the 3 apple store , spending  $450 in total , i call american expres and they told me that is a samsung pay problem , i called samsung costumer services and they told me that my credit card should be protect me, i never think that something like that can be posible , my phone and my watch was always with me at all the time, now i feel terrified thinking that samsung pay is not reliable anymore 

Highlighted
Galaxy

Is it just that you add it or have you used it at some places that dont have security? Because samsung uses knox which is government security grade for samsung pay and cloud and some other info. Very hard to get hacked specially when your card info that's stored is not the actual physical one. It creates a new card number which only your device can use at stores. Make sure you haven't put your info on weird sites and or downloaded sketchy apps without researching.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I got hacked as well and gas station  says no transaction happened  I'm currently waiting for investigation to get back to me.    It used Samsung pay tied to PayPal and my bank . Very hard frustrating. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

How do you know what you claim to know... is called epistemology.

There is no need that the watch was hacked. Maybe your baker or your hotel was hacked, and the credit card has leaked. Maybe you bought something from a Chinese webshop and the credit card has leaked.

Investigating the source of the leak would cost thousands of dollars.