cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Constellation

Handwriting turning itself back on all the time

Hi all,

I prefer typing with the T9 keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, and not with the Handwriting function. However, no matter what I do, the Handwriting function keeps turning itself back on. I've tried to turn the function off in two ways:

1. go to Settings > General > Input > Keyboard settings > Handwriting, switch Handwriting off

2. When I type, swipe from left to right for more input options, select Settings, turn Handwriting off.

The Handwriting function would be off for a while (an hour?), and then it will come back on again whenever I need to type. I now have to take a few more seconds to change to the keyboard manually EVERYTIME. It's getting on my nerves.

I know previously there was an issue with the Handwriting function turning itself off all the time. Has the development team perhaps overcorrected that problem? 

Can someone at Samsung please fix this?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Handwriting turning itself back on all the time

I'm having the same issue as you πŸ˜”

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would like to look into this issue for you. Let's look at a couple of things first.

Have you made sure that your watch is up to date on its software?

Have you tried resetting your watch?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi,

yes I've tried both of the action steps that you've mentioned, and they didn't help.

If I remember correctly, the issue with handwriting turning on on its own started after one of the previous updates.

Hoping for a solution soon!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

Do you have any feedback on this? 

Highlighted
Constellation

All I can say is this problem can't be fixed. I've been trying to fix this for about 8 months. I had the same problem with the active 1 and active 2. Active 1 was sent into Samsung...Twice. They didn't fix/couldn't find the problem so they sent me a refund. Same issue with the active 2. Just received it back from Samsung. Motherboard and LCD were both replaced. Guess what...handwriting mode still keeps activating itself. I ordered another Samsung galaxy watch, not an active, and I haven't had that problem with it. I had even factory reset both my watch and phone to try to fix this problem. I about had it with Samsung and dealing with the lack of support they offer. They lied so many times and one even admitted to being high on the phone. So you won't have to go through the horrible hassle that they put me through your best bet is to exchange your watch for another and hope it does what you set it to or just keep taking handwriting mode off. I really hope you have better luck with it but Samsung support is completely useless. Still waiting on two other issues to be resolved that "was sent to research and development" 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm sorry you had to go through so much trouble! I am rather disappointed at how buggy this text input thing is, because it is very basic and should not be something Samsung is getting wrong. I saw in another thread from a while back that they fixed the issue of "handwriting turning off on its own all the time", and I somehow think the developers fixed one problem by creating another problem.