JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hard fall detection triggered!

(Topic created: 05-15-2023 02:00 PM)
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was attending a school concert with orchestra and choir and my watch went into hard fall mode 3 times! No idea why. Galaxy Watch5 Pro

41 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the hard fall detection going off on you watch while attending the school concert and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I know this may be an odd question but in order to better assist, were you clapping when your hard fall detection went off on the watch?

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was not. I was sitting still when I felt the vibration.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. I would recommend resetting your watch, as this would take your device back to factory defaults. Give this link a try for steps to properly reset your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
No thanks. I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced this before. Definitely not resetting the watch!
JPGu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can back up all the settings, watch faces etc. It's really not a big deal resetting the watch..
0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I understand but there's no point. It's the catch all "fix" for everything.

There is also no way for me to recreate the situation that caused the issue in the first place.
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
To configure Hard Fall Detection, go to the Galaxy Wearable app, select Watch Settings > Safety & Emergency > Hard Fall Detection. You can set from the four options:
ā€¢ Always
ā€¢ During Physical Activity
ā€¢ Only During Workouts
ā€¢ Off

If it happens by mistake, you will have one minute to cancel the alert (sound, vibration, and pop-up) and avoid SOS messages from being sent.
0 Likes
cg40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is difficult to cancel
cg40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had this happen 3 times in situations where I am sitting still