JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hard fall detection triggered!

(Topic created: 05-11-2023 11:49 PM)
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was attending a school concert with orchestra and choir and my watch went into hard fall mode 3 times! No idea why. Galaxy Watch5 Pro

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, There.

Thank you so much for posting this. Samsung is looking into this situation further and would like to gather additional details and logs from the device to determine why this could be occurring. We would ask that anyone experiencing these symptoms submit an error report. In the details include the following hashtag:  #SCommunity

Also, we ask that you please make sure that when you submit the error report that the issue is presenting itself at the time of reporting.

Thank you so much for bearing with us, and make sure to keep your devices up to date with the latest software!

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Launch the Wearable app icon Galaxy Wearable app
  2. Tap on 3 lines icon
  3. Select Contact us
  4. Tap on Error Reports
  5. Tap on Frequency
  6. Choose between Once, Often, or Sometimes
  7. Tap on the text box and explain the issue you are facing with your Galaxy device. If you would like to add any screen recordings or screenshots to your error report tap on the paperclip icon. Once you are ready to send your error report select send icon Remember to include #SCommunity

Note: We are marking this response as the accepted solution to float it to the top of this topic. The thread will remain open for communications.

*UPDATE*

Please ensure that you have the latest Software update on your device. 

Is your device calling 911?

Please make sure to make these changes as a workaround to prevent your device from contacting 911. 

Go to the wearables App

Select Watch Settings > Safety & Emergency > Hard Fall Detection > Emergency Number to call and change this number to a number of your choice. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
41 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the hard fall detection going off on you watch while attending the school concert and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I know this may be an odd question but in order to better assist, were you clapping when your hard fall detection went off on the watch?

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was not. I was sitting still when I felt the vibration.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information. I would recommend resetting your watch, as this would take your device back to factory defaults. Give this link a try for steps to properly reset your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
No thanks. I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced this before. Definitely not resetting the watch!
JPGu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can back up all the settings, watch faces etc. It's really not a big deal resetting the watch..
0 Likes
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I understand but there's no point. It's the catch all "fix" for everything.

There is also no way for me to recreate the situation that caused the issue in the first place.
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
To configure Hard Fall Detection, go to the Galaxy Wearable app, select Watch Settings > Safety & Emergency > Hard Fall Detection. You can set from the four options:
ā€¢ Always
ā€¢ During Physical Activity
ā€¢ Only During Workouts
ā€¢ Off

If it happens by mistake, you will have one minute to cancel the alert (sound, vibration, and pop-up) and avoid SOS messages from being sent.
0 Likes
cg40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is difficult to cancel
cg40
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had this happen 3 times in situations where I am sitting still