Original topic:

Hard fall detection triggered!

(Topic created: 06-01-2023 10:34 AM)
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was attending a school concert with orchestra and choir and my watch went into hard fall mode 3 times! No idea why. Galaxy Watch5 Pro

56 Replies
cg40
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also very difficult to cancel
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was thinking the same thing.
cg40
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had this happen 4 times and am pretty sure it is related to a sudden loud noise.
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Happened again at a MLB game. Sadly, I'm disabling the feature. No way i can rely on it.
0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had this happen about 10 times on my Active5 when I was doing nothing more than sitting still at a softball game or at home--and most recently in church. If it continues to happen, I'm going to disable the feature. Very frustrating for a new device.

Galaxy4_vr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
After updating to watch one ui 4.5 my galaxy watch 4 will falsely trigger fall detection a d will start counting down, but it happens when I'm standing and I had it happen when I was setting it on its charger, is this happening to others or just mine.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
happened to my bride while sitting on the sofa about a week ago (GW4). happened to me sitting at lunch yesterday (GW5).
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
My GW4 has also done this at various times. I found that when I move my arm very quickly, and stop it abruptly, it will seem to detect a fall. I have not experienced it where it detected a fall without me moving whatsoever.
0 Likes
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey, has anyone been experiencing instances where their Galaxy watch 4 has randomly sent "Fall detection" alerts? It has started happening in the past 2 months or so. I do have that feature enabled, but I don't know why it's going off. I was sitting at my desk clocking in for work, and it went off. Maybe 2 weeks ago I was driving (normally) and it went off. Not sure what's happening here... Thinking about shutting off that feature altogether. Any thoughts? 
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sounds like a loose sensor to me. Sorry to hear this.