JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hard fall detection triggered!

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 02:15 PM)
nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was attending a school concert with orchestra and choir and my watch went into hard fall mode 3 times! No idea why. Galaxy Watch5 Pro

56 Replies
Members_M38IMSF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, that is the strange part....my watch sent a signal text to 911 all by itself.  That is why I am wondering if it sensed something unusual and sent the 911 text or whether it was a malfunction.  

user7GcTDDXyuC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The recent update now has my GW4 sending false fall alarms, even with Fall Detection turned off.
Slick3445
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It just happened to me this morning on my GW4. It has been reported many times. To avoid embarrassing false calls to 911, in watch settings, go to Safety and emergency->Emergency SOS and change the number to call from the default 911 to a custom number of your choice.

nitrate
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
The problem continues a year later with new hardware (Watch 6 Classic) . You need to disable this feature until it actually works!
AlertWatch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Samsung Galle y Watch 6 fall detection went off this evening at 7:17 when I was at a choral concert and called the police. I had no idea what was going on since I was sitting still listening. I had my cell phone [Gallexy S24+] set to Mute no Vibration. When I began to get vibrations, I still ignored it. When it began to make noises and whoop, I ran from the concert, reassured the police I was fine and apologized. I am 78 with a history of falls (luckily none serious, so this would have been a useful feature. Substituting my husband's number for the police number would not keep from disrupting the concert, as he always sits next to me. I am disabling the feature. Please fix it! #SCommunity Note

0 Likes
PeninaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had sporadic fall detection while sitting still on Watch 4, 5, and 6.
But what is wild is that in the last 4 months I've had 2 actual HARD FALLS, and this Watch 6 detected neither of them! UNACCEPTABLE!
Prior to the 2nd fall which occurred just last night, earlier this week I actually factory reset this Watch6 and ensured that this Watch6 was updated and that all Emergency alert settings were properly set.
0 Likes
Len_in_Vancouver
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow, looks like this issue is not resolved. I just got the Watch 6 Classic a week ago and it now just said I fell while I was ironing clothes. I didn't fall. It asked if I wanted help & I thought I selected 'no' but next thing I knew my phone started dialing 911. Luckily I stopped the call on the phone, but it seemed the watch was not responsive to my touch input. I agree, falls detection is a serious thing & needs to be accurate.

0 Likes