cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPQwMuHNVKZ
Asteroid

Having an Issue with my Active 2 Watch, specifically the Running App

I just got my watch for Christmas and I was really excited about it. I like to run a lot so I thought it would be perfect.

However when I sent it to Run, it tracks it for .27 miles and then the GPS falls asleep. I'll run with 3 miles and it'll only say I ran .27. I did research and tried a bunch of things such as turning on the high accuracy location on, turning the watch location services on, among others and it still does it. 

I ran in multiple places so I know it's not an issue with the service, and my fitbit never had an issue.

I noticed one thing worked, when I'm at .27 and it locks. If I open the watch in the middle of the run, it seems to wake up and then works the rest of the run but obviously still not accurate unless I unlock it at the .27 mark exactly.

Is mine defective or is there a way to fix this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Having an Issue with my Active 2 Watch, specifically the Running App

Are you using a specific app when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPQwMuHNVKZ
Asteroid

I use the samsung health app to track it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team to further assist with your concerns. They can be reached directly at 1-855-795-0509.

userPQwMuHNVKZ
Asteroid

So are you saying the issue is with the app and not with the watch itself? 

Highlighted
userPQwMuHNVKZ
Asteroid

I need more guidance than this, I'm close to just returning the watch. I just went running again with the watch and wore my fitbit as well. My watch said I ran 2.4 miles while the Fitbit said 2.9 miles and I know the route is 3 miles. So I need to know if it's a defect with the watch or if I just need to use another app. I dont run with my phone usually either. 

I really like all of the other features on the watch but this is so frustrating to deal with everytime I go running.