Original topic:

Headphones disconnect from Galaxy Watch 4 after every song

(Topic created: 02-06-2022 04:43 AM)
userwycuxAcIrc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought a galaxy watch 4. Whenever I play spotify, my Bluetooth headphones disconnect and reconnect at the end of most songs and I need to go into the spotify app and manually hit play again after it reconnects. This has been happening from the very first time I used the watch. I used the same headphones on my galaxy active watch and my phone without issues- it only happens on the galaxy watch 4. And the fact that it only ever happens when a song finishes makes me think it's the watch and not the headphones.

On occasions after it disconnects and reconnects several times, the watch will appear that the headphones are connected but no sound will come through. When this happens, it says Bluetooth is on, headphones are connected, sound is up, spotify plays as normal on the watch, I can use the "skip song" button from my headphone controls but I just get no sound.

Disconnecting and reconnecting, unpairing and repairing hasn't worked. My watch and headphones are both at 100% charge and there is no power saving mode on. Any other ideas to fix this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can definitely understand the frustration with the headphones constantly connecting and disconnecting and I would be happy to look into this further for you. 

What type of headphones do you have paired with your watch?

Is your watch Bluetooth or LTE? If LTE, are you experiencing these symptoms with calls or only the Spotify app?

Have you tried resetting your watch? If not, I would recommend backing up the watch but not restoring it from back up right away and seeing if you experience these symptoms. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwycuxAcIrc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have JBL Run Wireless Bluetooth headphones.

The watch is Bluetooth (no LTE).

The watch was brand new and started doing this from the first time I used it, but I tried resetting it anyway and it didn't work.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for this information. Do you experience these symptoms with any other music apps on your watch or just Spotify?

Is your watch paired to your phone when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tried using your headphones for a call? Do you experience these symptoms when making calls?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user78Szu8K8dN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here. So annoying. I had a Samsung Active and used perfectly with all my bluetooth devices. All these same devices are having this issue with my new Watch4. So, the problem is in my Watch4. I'm very disappointed, after all, listening to music while I'm excercising is the main functionality for me. 

useraZj2Uoiy81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue, the weird thing is; that I didnt have this issue when I bought the watch. It only started happening recently. 
Does anybody know if there is a fix yet? Its very annoying.
ADD: Reading the other comments it appears to be a software thing, does anyone has any information wheter samsung had acknowledged the problem and is working on it? 

userrfQHeKSyGD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The same problem with JBL flip 5. No sound through the speaker after one or two songs. Stop always once the song is over, the spotify app keeps playing, but speaker goes silent. Sometimes it makes weird noises. Speaker works great with any other device. Does anyone know if its a Samsung, JBL or Spotify issue?

userzqtzNr58Hw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, the same issue I am experiencing too. My earbuds are no name no brand, watch always connected to S20 5G. Normally during my run I listening music directly from watch and S Health Run also working same time. At the moment voice coach should start to talk but it's not - just music goes little down and stays at this volume until next song or if I do skip of that song. If I do nothing then song finishes and buds are disconnecting and switching off by themselves. I must say that my previous watch Active 2  is working normally with the same situation. I even tried other earbuds - the same. I did not yet reset - i'll try.

0 Likes