cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCSiva959
Asteroid

Heart Rate Alert Immediately After Threshold is Reached Request

Hello Everyone,

I recently got a Galaxy Active 2 watch. I was slightly disappointed when it did not alert me after my heart rate thresholds were passed. I went searching for answers and found that other members were asking the same question. The answer is the alerts only come after the threshold is passed for 10 consecutive minutes. In my case, I need an immediate alert when my heart rate falls below my low threshold so that I can sit down before I faint. So I reached out to Samsung and they recommended I post this here. I'm hoping that an additional setting can be added for those of us who want an immediate alert. Anyone else interested in seeing an option like this? Can I get a show of hands??? *lol*

If you are interested in such an option, please post here or create your own post. If enough of us are interested in an immediate alert, I'm sure Samsung will make it happen. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy
Christina, aka CCSiva959

13 REPLIES 13
userT7dZviKio4
Constellation

Re: Heart Rate Alert Immediately After Threshold is Reached Request

I am for this! I have a medical condition that messes with my heart rate and that's one of the reasons I bought this watch instead of switching my whole life to Apple. I didnt realize it had to stay below or above for 10 mins by then I can possibly have passed out or be in a cardio emergency. I know my triggers and my body well enough I dont need the watch but it sure would be nice to have a backup especially for my family .

CCSiva959
Asteroid

Right! Thanks for commenting! I'm sure there are a lot of us that could use this, and it shouldn't be too complicated to add an additional option. *fingers crossed*

I just learned a new feature you might be interested in. There is an SOS feature that will message and or call contacts with your location. You just push the lower button 3 times to activate. I found this when I Googled the manual. Something to check out if you are interested. Smiley Wink

Thanks again for commenting!

Christina, aka CCSiva959

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

CCSiva959
Asteroid

Thank you SamsungAdam! I have seen, and commented on, other posts about this exactly, but when I tried to get a hold of someone within Samsung to discuss all this with I was told to create this post. It seemed like odd direction, but having a moderator comment makes me a bit more optimistic. *fingers crossed* Seeing as how the HR Alert was a new feature that created a lot of excitement for consumers, I am hopeful these requests will be well received and that the application of a fix will be expedited. I would welcome the opportunity to give feedback or help however possible to get this moving. This feature is, or was going to be, a way for me to maintain some independence and better monitor my health. Unfortunately, without the immediate alert, I'm not able to achieve what I purchased the watch to achieve. So, please feel free to reach out if there are any questions or insight I may be able to assist with.

Thanks again!

Christina, aka CCSiva959

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yes, I agree.  I would like that feature to change too. 10 mins is a long time before an alert is given. I would like an alert as soon as I hit the high or low bpm so that I can take care of it. 

CCSiva959
Asteroid

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Yes! A 10 minute delay is absolutely too long, and not at all what I thought I was getting. I suppose I should have pulled up the manual and checked prior to purchasing, but I never would have guessed, "HR alerts" meant something other than when you hit a designated mark an alarm will notify you. *shrug* I honestly think the advertising was misleading, but live and learn I guess. We need to have as many people to speak up as possible so we can make a priority list and get this update moving. *fingers crossed* 

Thanks again for speaking up and supporting this!

Christina, aka CCSiva959

Samsung Care Ambassador

Well, I'm not familiar with the Apple watch so I don't know when their HR begins their alert but to me, 10 mins is long. Maybe Apple alerts after 10 mins too? I don't know but I am happy that a least Samsung has this feature when it didn't before. So at least our watch has the ability to do so just hopefully it can alert us soon than 10 mins Smiley Happy. I also am patiently waiting for their EKG to work too which I hope is soon. 

CCSiva959
Asteroid

Me too JayF, I'm very excited about the EKG! My aunt has all the Apple gear and kept wanting me to get their watch. I'm SO glad Samsung really stepped up with the Active 2. I have a Note and almost all my home electronics are Samsung also. I think they are the best! The HR alerts is awesome,... with a slight adjustment. Smiley Wink Btw, yes, Apple alerts after 10 min also. I checked. I was surprised when I first went looking and many were asking exactly what we are... so I'd like to see Samsung be the first to act. I think they are by far a superior product and certainly don't mind a delay in release to maintain such a reputation. 🍀

BRazvy
Astronaut

Also interested in this option for my Galaxy Watch 46mm.

As everyone here is saying it is too long to wait 10 minutes for the set threshold to be reached, in order to get a notification.

Thanks to my watch i just found out that my HR is going over 200bpm a couple of times every week, at very odd hours in the morning,without doing any excercise or other stuff that could explain this.

I also tested my Galaxy Watch's HR monitor with various medical approved HR Monitoring devices and it gave the same 1 to 1 result every time.