cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Heart Rate Sensor Glass Crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy Watch recently started overheating when charging so I called tech support.  The tech asked me the standard questions (model serial #, etc.) and had me do a factory reset.  While looking at the serial number, I noticed a hair line crack on the glass that covers the heart rate sensor.  I asked the technician if this is normal since it looks like a seam.  The tech said I would have to call back since this is a separate issue then overheating while charging?  I'm like what; how do you know the two issues are not related?  His response "it's not what you called about, so you'll need to call back".   I was not happy with his answer and calmly asked if there is supposed to be a crack or a seam on the back glass?  He said your watch is over a year old and out of warranty, but did not answer my question.   I have purchased numerous Samsung devices like many of you on these forums (too many phones, TVs, computer monitors, etc.) to receive customer service this bad.  The company can easily  confirm the registered products we purchase .  I spent a lot of money for this watch, to pair with my Galaxy S10+ and disgusted with the company's customer support.   I recommended this watch to my friends since it was water resistant, and now regret telling anyone I liked it.  Who knew a $400 watch was designed to be a throw away after 14 months?

A shame this company can't do better :-(   

Sorry for the long rant, but it is time to start supporting competing products that treat customers better. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Heart Rate Sensor Glass Crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/ IMEI, and pictures of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/ IMEI, and pictures of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Tech support reached out and exchanged my watch.  Thank you Adam and Jam for finding a reasonable solution.   This is the kind of support loyal Samsung customers should receive.

Thanks again!