JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Heart Rate on Galaxy watch 5 not syncing with Samsung Health on the phone

(Topic created: 06-16-2023 12:50 PM)
usertbq92BXrmf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a S23Ultra and a G5 watch in the US.  I have no problem seeing my pulse on the watch.  I cannot see them on Samsung Health or Samsung Health Monitor, and no option to enable it.  Am I missing something, or is there some reason that Samsung doesn't allow it?

Also, can these watches monitor BP?  I've read that in some parts of the world, they can.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usertbq92BXrmf The FDA has not approved the use of the Blood pressure app on the watch. Therefore it is not available in the US. 

Is your GW 5 synced to your phone? If so, you should be able to see heart rate. If you don't see it on the Samsung Health home page, long press on the Steps item. When you do this, it will enable the editing of items on that page. Scroll down until you see Heart rate and click the red + to add it to the home page. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usertbq92BXrmf The FDA has not approved the use of the Blood pressure app on the watch. Therefore it is not available in the US. 

Is your GW 5 synced to your phone? If so, you should be able to see heart rate. If you don't see it on the Samsung Health home page, long press on the Steps item. When you do this, it will enable the editing of items on that page. Scroll down until you see Heart rate and click the red + to add it to the home page. 

usertbq92BXrmf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, it's synced.

Wow, talk about hiding capabilities.  It was a bit confusing but inside of a minute I got into it.  Is it actually documented anywhere?  I posted because Google showed nothing that made sense for this.

Thanks!

0 Likes