cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userClHPOP1sNL
Constellation

Heart Rate stops tracking during workout

Hello! While working out, I notice that my samsung galaxy active will stop tacking my heart rate... when I look to see what it is, I just see lines... after a while I picks it up but will eventually go out again. I'm wondering if this is why the calories burned during a workout seems to be a lot lower than my old fitbit.  Like today,  there was over a 100 calorie difference. I would think it should keep track during the entire workout to give a more accurate calorie read.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung_uURURfi
Astronaut

This is common on most trackers(I had a fitbit ionic for...

This is common on most trackers(I had a fitbit ionic for 2 years) basically too much sweat between our skin and the trackers makes it harder for the sensor to pick up our heartbeat. I used to wipe of the back of my ionic and it'd pick my heartbeat back up pretty quickly. I've also just flipped my inward so it's hitting my veins instead of the top of where they tell you to place it.

userClHPOP1sNL
Constellation

Re: This is common on most trackers(I had a fitbit ionic for...

My fitbits never did this for me. Also, it happens within the first few mins... so, I'm not sweating yet. I tried flipping it over like you mentioned, and got the same results. It has to be affecting the calories burned.