cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch SM-R800 Heart Rate Monitor no longer working!

I have the SM-R800 galaxy watch. It was working great tracking my heart rate during the day and while sleeping. It has since stopped working. I tried all the trouble shooting posted and still nothing. The last two updates didnt solve the issue with the heart rate monitor also the sleep record is not working at all and when i try to measure my heart rate with the watch its it does about 75% reading and then says couldn't complete the reading.

Anyone with the same issues??

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch SM-R800 Heart Rate Monitor no longer working

I'm having the same issue, just started yesterday afternoon. The heart rate sensor is not working and my watch cannot tell if I'm wearing it or not. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch SM-R800 Heart Rate Monitor no longer working

I got no response from anyone and so I kept poking around until I found a post that said if you look on the HR sensor you may have a crack on sensor glass.  As it turned out that is what I guess is my problem.  I have posted a new post about the cracked glass will see if I get any reply from Samsung or if I will have to call.  Seems like a lot of people on here don't have much luck with calling support and seem to have better luck with the monitors of these boards.  Hope you find a solution!!  Good Luck!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Step counter not working.

Step counter not working

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Heart Rate sensor not reliable.

I had the Gear S3 and thought it was a great watch.  However when I would do some light jogging, the Gear S3 would say that my heart rate was between 190 - 213.

So, I decided to upgrade to the Avtive 2.   I really liked the Actve 2.   The Active 2 shows that my heart rate while jogging is between 170 and 200.

Now, I was getting a little concerned, because I had two watches that showed that I had a very high heart rate while exercising.

So, I asked my Cardiologist to put a Heart Sensor on me for 24 hours.  According to the Heart Sensor, my high was 157.   

My Cardiologist advised me to get an Apple Watch.   

I love my Samsung products, I do NOT want to switch to Apple.   However I am really disappointed that two different Samsung Heart Rate sensors were so far off.

Samsung, please provide an update that will fix the Heart Rate sensors on your watches.

@ links to members

Highlighted
Astronaut

HR incorrect data

My Samsung Galaxy Watch said my HR was above 211 this morning while I was shopping??

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: HR incorrect data

Hello @Samsung_biPyJmO. Where is the watch positioned on your arm? Also rate of 200 isn't inpossible, though I imagine the individual is afflicted by health conditions. Highest figures are usually 80-90. The body works harder in motion, so an elevated rate isn't atypical. 

211 might be an erroneous recording, but it depends on your normal range. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Constellation

HR doesn't work

I have galaxy watch 46mm. Each time I try the HR it gives me the message "couldn't measure the heart rate this time"

I tried soft reset and factory reset and still having the same issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HR doesn't work

I have the same issue but it seems like samsung is brushing it off.

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Heart Rate Sensor Not Working

How come my galaxy watch heart rate sensor will be fine, it will work for a while then it will just randomly stopping saying my heart rate was 75 bpm 30 minutes ago. So then I usually turn the watch to track my heart rate every 10 minutes so that I can hit "measure now" and it just flat lines. Then I have to restart the watch and then the heart rate sensor works again. This gets really annoying and recently that hasnt even worked.