cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Heart rate monitors every hour instead of 10 mins - active 2 watch

Hey guys!

So I got my Active 2 watch about two months ago and I really like it. I’ve put on the heart rate monitor on to check it every 10 minutes, but when I check in the app I see it only measures it every hour or less (depending if am doing something or not ofcourse). 

But at night as well, it measures it only every hour. and it’s not that I am always moving in my sleep. 

Anybody else has this or is this just my watch?

Also since the latest update I barely get sleep tracked.. 

Thanks! 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Heart rate monitors every hour instead of 10 mins - active 2 watch

I got my 40mm active2 LTE watch a few weeks ago and it's doing EXACTLY what yours is.  

I am using the watch face with the heart.  It shows your heart rate and the last time it was measured.  As I am sitting typing this it says it last measured it 21 minutes ago.  I have it set to measure every 10.   When I am sitting for a long time my Samsung Health app shows readings only every hour or sometimes less.  And mine behaves the way yours does at night.

Samsung, would you please respond to this question/issue?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi. Only had watch a few days and just realised mine doing exactly the same thing. My previous Galaxy Watch 46mm recorded every 10 mins thru night. New Active 2 44mm every hour/70 mins?

Astronaut

The exact same thing is happening to me. I have an active 2 watch 44mm ( Bluetooth version). It's paired with a S10 Plus. I love the watch, everything else seems to works fine.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just started using my watch last night and am getting the exact same thing. Once an hour doesn't seem particularly helpful

Highlighted
Asteroid

I got onto the support chat to see what they had to say. They had me reset my gwa2 back to factory settings and restore from backup, but the issue is the same. They also had me clear the cache and data on the mobile app, despite me pointing out that the watch itself was reading "23 minutes ago".

They then said "It sounds like a problem with the heart rate monitor, lets have you send it in for repairs". I explained a bunch of times it was clearly a software issue, not something with just my unit, and that it should be fixed by software update. I even linked them to this thread. They were pretty insistent that if I sent it in they could help but I have no faith that this would fix anything and would rather wait to see if a software update fixes it. They also suggested making a bug report via the Samsung Members app, while I asked them to respond to these threads.

Does anyone have or know someone with an up-to-date gwa2 where the "every 10 minutes" setting works correctly?

Highlighted
Constellation

Got the same problem, only occurred when the update for ui 1.5 came along, galaxy watch 46mm bt.

Such a shame used to work spot on on older software 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having exactly the same issue. Has done it since I got it last earlier this week. 

Hopefully Samsung will realise and issue a patch.

Highlighted
Constellation

My active 2 worked perfectly with app continuous. Now cant see anything on Samsung app. Pretty ticked too

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought Galaxy Watch Active 1 few days ago and i noticed that it will not measure heart rate every 10 minutes. Even if i stay in one place an i do not move.