Original topic:

Heart rate or bike dashboard, but not both?

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 4:59 PM)
glissemaster
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My wife gave me a Samsung Active for my birthday to replace my aging Fitbit Versa. I was excited to see that the Samsung Health app has a bike dashboard. However, the heart rate is missing from the layout. Furthermore, when I start the workout in my phone (so I can see the dashboard), my heart rate is not recorded at all during the workout. 

The only way I can get the heart rate to record or display it real time is if I start the workout on the watch -- but then I can't use the dashboard. Also, this forces me to look at my watch while riding which is frankly unsafe -- especially since one generally has to toll their wrist a couple of times to view it, then hope your on the right screen since swiping between screens takes two hands and two eyes.

Does anyone have a solution?

I'm also curious, are any of the Samsung watch developers cyclists? If so, do they use their products?

It seems heart rate info is pretty important to cyclists.
2 Replies
userWMrUqxr4vz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just posting here to second this frustration in the hopes that someone from Samsung will take the community seriously. It doesn't make any sense to me that the HR data isn't recorded during a workout started from the phone. This is arguably one of the most important data points during a workout and it can't possibly be that hard to get working on Samsung's side.

I'm going to try to get around this (partially) by starting 2 workouts; one from my watch and one from my phone, and I'll delete the one on my phone after the workout. I won't be able to safely see my heartrate using the dashboard during the workout but at least I'll have a record of it afterwards. This will also be a drag on battery life for both my watch and phone instead of just one. I'll be checking to see it my wife's Iphone and apple watch can do this and maybe this will be another check on returning to apple. Get it together Samsung.

Also hoping that anybody else in the community that has this frustration will post here to word support for the feature request.

userATiOGGaBen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I too find this annoying. the dashboard would be great if it would also record my heart rate via my Active2.