cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Horrible Customer Service Experience

I shipped my Galaxy Watch 3 to be repaired by Samsung after I noticed a defect with the screen. The UPS shipping indicates that the package was received on 09/04/20. The same day I received a text message from Samsung that they had received my package and that I should allow 4 days for them to "prepare my repair". After waiting 4 business days I didn’t see any update on the request online so decided to call. When I called I was initially told that the package had not reached the repair center. I explained that I had checked the tracking information and verified that they had received the package. I asked if the package had been misplaced and they then indicated that it was not lost. I assumed that they were busy and that there may have been a delay, so did not further press the issue.

A week later I still did not see any update on the website for my request, and decided to call again. When I spoke with a representative they said that their system did not recognize the serial number on my watch and that this was the reason that the package had not reached the repair center. I then asked if they had any idea what the timeframe would be for them to be able to figure out why their system would not recognize the serial number and the representative indicated that they could not provide me with any timeframe for a resolution.

On 09/18 I called and spoke with a representative who still did not have any update. I asked for a supervisor and was placed on hold for roughly 20 minutes. The same representative came back on the line and indicated that a supervisor had spoken with the repair center, and that they had the watch and would have the watch repaired within 4-5 business days. I checked my phone this morning and the tracking information still did not indicate that the repair center had even received my watch.  

I then called customer service back to confirm that the repair center had received my watch, and was told that the repair center still could not receive my watch because of the issue with the serial number and that they could not provide a timeframe for a resolution. I then asked for a supervisor and spoke with someone on the "Case Management Team" after another 30 minutes of being on hold. I explained that I wanted to get some sort of definitive timeframe for when the issue with the serial number would be resolved and that I was somewhat disappointed with the way the situation had been handled. He seemed very empathetic and offered to send me a replacement for my watch. He said that he would need to put a "hold on my credit card" for the amount of the watch until they were able to figure out how to process a return for the damaged watch. This seemed very odd to me since they already had received my damaged watch.

I asked him to confirm that the return would be processed within 14 days and that the hold on my card would be removed. I then asked for him to provide this in writing via an e-mail, and he refused. He assured me that the call was being recorded and that he was annotating the file to ensure that I did not have any further issues. I was skeptical, but assumed that if I could always dispute the credit card charged if I had any issues. He then indicated that he would send me an e-mail to initiate the exchange and provide my credit card information. After a few hours I had had not received an e-mail and decided to call back. I explained the situation to a representative and they told me that they had no record of the conversation that I had with the "Case Manager" and at that point I asked to speak with another "Case Manager". I then waited on hold for another 30 minutes. I was then transferred twice and the call ultimately disconnected. I then called back, spoke with another representative, asked for a "Case Manager" and waited another 30 minutes again.  I believe that this conversation was with Angel (ID #11RSI). This call again disconnected, this time mid call, but I received a voicemail shortly thereafter from Angel, who told me to call back to "process my exchange". 

I then called back, waited another 30 minutes, and was finally connected with another "Case Manager". I explained the whole situation again and he told me that they did not offer exchanges. I told him that A) I was told that it was a recorded call and that I wanted to speak with a manager that had the authority to pull the call and corroborate what I was saying and B) I had voicemail from Angel that indicated that I should call back to process the exchange. The "Case Manager" then told me that "I had been told multiple times that they would not exchange the watch" and that "I should refer to the warranty" for more information. 

Admittedly at this point I lost it on the guy, which honestly I really don't feel that bad about. After countless hours of being transferred, being lied to, and then ultimately having this clown allude to me being a liar, I just couldn't help myself. He then offered to transfer me to his supervisor. I was then placed on hold for over 30 minutes until I finally had end the call to attend a meeting for work. 

To say that I am disappointed with the experience is an understatement and I don't think that I will ever buy a Samsung product again. I would strongly urge anyone considering buying one of their products to research some of the other horror stories that I have found on this forum. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Horrible Customer Service Experience

I had the same issue. I sent my device for service a month prior to its warranty expiration because it had a black dot on the screen. After 1 month or 2 , they told me that they couldn't locate my device. I showed them my tracking number that says it has received by the recipient. I called them 2 weeks ago asking what happened to my device they said they found it and they will send me a letter saying that they shipped my device back. But havent received any. AFTER 5 days they haven't sent me anything. I have higher Expectations with Samsung as Customer for 10 years.  But they disappointed me this time

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine is different experience... I brough galaxuy S10 on Feb 14 2020 after few months charger not working so, i have raised repair request on Aug 2 , 2020 from then my problem started... they said that they are going to send replcement charger. But i need to call them for every 3 days for update on the ticket .. every time when I call they will say that everything is corrected and we are going ship the device in next 3 days but it was not going happen... so, continued this process for more than 2 months and finally they called up said that they are not able to shipt the device so they are going refund the amount for the replacement charger...

Here is the most intresting part.

for that also i am still following up and every call going for more than 40 min after it disconnects or they are going transfer the call to case management department..during the transfer again it will ask for choose call back instead of waiting in the line.. If I choose call back .. I will get call after 15 min or 20 min but it will connect again to technical department and they will ask for details why I am calling and they will take all details ask me for be online and after 15 min they put me on hold then they will transfer to case management team.. so its a never ending loop.. intead of choosing call back if I keep in the line finally call going to disconnect.. 

Next day again same process..  Dont know when it will end.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I will never buy Samsung anything! They lie every time you talk to them. I have been told twice a manager will call and they never do. Sweat voids a water, dust shock resistant watch that has only been worn 2 months. They will not get my money again. A tech they pay an hourly rate is who they believe over a customer that can buy things for a very long time. Well word of mouth is a powerful thing.