Original topic:

How can the sleep functions be used?

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 2:58 PM)
timg11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the GW3 for about a month. It has various sleep related functions, but I can't see how it would be practical to use them.

I used to have a Pebble watch. I could sleep with it on because it could charge in 15 minutes with enough power to run for several days. I used to charge the Pebble while I took a shower and got dressed, and it worked well.

The GW3 requires about 40 minutes to charge enough for 1 day. So it takes too long to charge it in the morning. A partial charge is not an option becuase the battery life is so short it would progressivley lose charge.  I have to put it on the charger when I go to bed and let it charge overnight, but of course it can't track sleep that way.

This seems like a fundamental issue with slow charging a watch that you would otherwise wear all the time.  Has anybody worked out a solution, or does everyone just ignore the sleep features?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sammyill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I experienced the same issue. My solution is that I basically charge my watch at around dinner time every 2 days or when it drops down to around 15%. It seems to last roughly 48 hours or so.
0 Likes
Doug7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can go 3 days before charging my watch (not the LTE version) and I normally charge it at my desk while working so it doesn't miss that much.

I'm curious, what's draining your battery so quickly?

0 Likes
timg11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a minimal set of functions.  I'm using the Basic Dashboard watch face, and no health functions are enabled.

At the end of the day the battery reports 75%, so it's not draining that fast. It's just that it says it will need 40 minutes to charge fully from 75%. If I wore it to bed, it would probably be at 60% by morning, then presumably need even more time to charge.

From a practical sense, a watch shouldn't require the user to plan a special activity in their day just to take the watch off to charge. The natural times to take it off are when sleeping and/or when showering.

0 Likes