cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userO9ZstmxLFl
Asteroid

How do I get and user the Blood Pressure feature on Active

How can I use the BLood Preasure feature with my Glaxaxy active watch and Samsung Health app paired with my IOS device?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung_ROw0Ldo
Astronaut

The device monitors yr pulse automatically when yr wearin...

The device monitors yr pulse automatically when yr wearing it ,but you may have to select health" and it shld.sgow you the data..hope that helped......

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How do I get and user the Blood Pressure feature on Active

@userO9ZstmxLFl Give this link a try to verify compatibility of that feature with your device: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/?cid=afl-ecomm-cjn-cha-09211...

userO9ZstmxLFl
Asteroid

Yes, my iPhone XR is compatible with the Galaxy Active watch, so how do I specfically get this watch to measure my blood pressure, please?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The watch is compatible with iPhone. However, the blood pressure feature through BP Labs is not compatible. It is limited to the Galaxy S9, S9+, Note9, Galaxy S10, S10+ phones. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082868/

userO9ZstmxLFl
Asteroid

I am frustrated with your Galaxy Active watch IOS integraton and Samsung Health App. It simply does NOT work! And I bought this watch expecting the BP functionality as advertised , a supposed differeniator over the Apple iWatch. There does appear to be any support  or timelines for the IOS verison, much less the Andriod verison. Based on the blogs I've read, because Samsung is silent on the matter, I have begun to post the following to various review sites on my actual experience with the Galaxy Watch Active results after trying to live with it for a few weeks. ...... I got to take it back, because is is a time suck trying to get all this stuff work :-(

Overall: This is good try by Samsung, but it falls SHORT in many ways particularly with integration to IOS.  They made the mistake of cramming too much functionality into a small,  under powered, and buggy IOS platform integration.

Battery life is acceptable. Give the size and customize-able settings you'd think you could get at least two days of charge (48 hrs). Don't believe the marketing hype, this watch needs to be recharged every 36 hours. It however, does charge fast... 2 hours to full-up.

Besides accurately presenting the time and date , the Active is precise but not accurate with most other tracking and measurements . I wore a Garmin VivoFit and Chest strap Heart Monitor for a few days to compare it's accuracy.  Hearts rates were fairly ctonsistent. However, during workouts the Active would lose my HR and flat line me for many parts of the workout.... ouch.

Sleep tracking is cool and provides much more information that my VivoFit. However, this information is only useful IF you can see in the Samsung Health App. The SamSung Health app for IOS is GARBAGE, more on that with other metrics. The sleep metrics are recorded accurately on the watch, but it does sync to the watch consistently. Sometimes, the Samsung Watch app syncs the data (4) hours after I wake up, which is annoying because I  want to know this information when I wake up ... right? Example, I just sync'd my Active today 3PM ET and NOW I see my sleep stats from last night... really? Come on Samsung... I sent you a couple of messages to help me... I can only re-install the IOS app so many times and reconnect my devices. :-(

I play tennis, this appears to be an after thought for Samsung because it is not a standard work-out option or auto recognizing. However, they have separate --- pull up, curls, press, and about 10 other fitness moves in these exercise selections. I guess Samsung has determined Tennis along with Baseball, B-Ball, and Soccer are NOT worthy to have a separtate tracking section, at least NOT on the IOS side.

IOS Active only supports one-way-incoming communications on the watch. If you want to compete with Apple, please get this figured out.

Steps: Over counts steps based on my VivoFit experience (by about 20%). Keep in mind, when I configured my VivoFit I counted the number of steps in 50' line twice to accurately input my gait into the garmin platform. . Know this Samsung should allow users to input gait.  Remember this impacts other measurements like calories burned.

HR monitor: is very inconsistent within the workout as well as for the different types of workouts. For example it does have all my heart monitor ranges for all my tennis or swim sessions. However, it is almost as if, it measures HR when it feels like it , the auto workout sensor usually measures HR throughout the workout, but not consistently. 

I've not been able to track my HR at night, so that I can get a read on resting HR (by looking at the HR section of the Samsung health app--HR is not shown in the sleep section--very disappointing. However, the watch is very lightweight and easy to wear to bed.

GPS tracking has been terrible! I've taken a few long walks in various paths in and around DC and not received detailed route information, MapMyRide App is soooo much better! Gave me a much more accurate distance, route, speed, and elevation.

Not easy to read, the small screen makes it a bit of a pain to reply to things. I don't have large fingers and I keep hitting the wrong 'button' on the screen--so that I accidentally send the wrong autoreply or delete a notification, etc. It's very annoying--particularly if my goal is to use this thing while I'm working out and be able to quickly respond to notifications. I don't have expectation to read and reply to message on my watch... that why I have an iPhone :-)

It is a nice watch and worth $200, but the IOS integrations needs a lot of work and did I mention, BP is not expected to be supported on IOS anytime soon. In fact no one at Samsung tech support or on the blogs are making any promises. In fact, they are even mum about supporting BP on the Android platform. I believe when it does come on the Samsung platform it WILL BE A SUBSCRIPTION service.  So expect to pay for this feature, even though  they originally promised for free.

Don't even get me started on Bixby, not worth the time to learn. Just use Siri or Alexa much better voice recog.

Overall the watch HW is a decent  platform and provides good functionality for the price. However, the IOS and APP integration is poor and the health metrics on Samsung Health and Samsung Watch APP need a lot of work to be usable.  Please get the BP software working, that was the differentiator for me.... I'll probably send this watch back and continue my search ...