Original topic:

How to stop Google maps from launching on my Galaxy watch 4?

(Topic created: 06-28-2022 03:16 PM)
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

I need help. When I got my watch I installed Google maps cause I heard good things. The first time I used it I realized it wasn't for me, I'd rather use my car gps or my phone, couldn't keep looking at my watch, and it used up a ton of battery display percentage. I uninstalled it, but every time I use my phone's gps it still activates it on my watch, it seems the uninstall isn't really taking it off my watch. It happened again today and my display percentage went from .5 to 7.5 and I checked again and had to uninstall, again! I went into the app portion on the phone app and if I force stop I get warnings that it could cause problems, how can I get this off my watch!!!!! For good!???

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Go to the wear app on your phone, then Watch Settings, Apps, Google Maps, at the bottom of the app info screen is a disable button.
0 Likes
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I see that but that too, gives a warning that if you disable it, it might cause problems, so I was afraid to click it
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
No need to disable app

On watch
Launch Google Maps
Tap the search icon
Scroll down to Settings
Tap Auto-launch
Turn off Driving
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks I'll give that a try
0 Likes
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks again I turned all the options off. That won't interfere if I use Google maps on my phone, will it?
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
No. And you can still use Maps on your watch too, you'll just have to manually start the app on your watch.
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Welcome.

Maps on the watch is very useful when on foot, or in and Uber or cab.
Ellin
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks but it's nothing that I see myself needing
0 Likes