Original topic:

I have 3 failed Galaxy Active watches, why is build quality so bad?

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 06:44 PM)
usernMKvJD9rNI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here is my story, maybe a warning to others.

18 months ago I bought my first Active watch, it failed after six months but my local service center fixed it within one day, I was very impressed by the service.

I bought another family member an Active a couple of months later, and my wife an Active last December.

A couple of months ago the second one stopped working, no display but fully charged and the green led lights on the back still flashing.

Three weeks ago mine did exactly the same thing, no display but charging.

Then last week my wife's display came unstuck from the frame and was hanging by the connecting ribbon (hey this is supposed to be waterproof but has not been near water!)

So last week we took all three to our local service center.

My wife's watch they said was out of warranty and would require a new display costing $150

After a long argument, the manager agreed to repair it (Bought in December 2020, now November 2021?)

The other 2 watches, they wanted to charge for identifying the fault, well my guess is the display is the problem on both of them and no way am I going to pay $150 each to repair watches that have had just a limited life span.

So Samsung, why is the build quality so bad, it's known battery life is not good, but now it seems anybody buying a Samsung watch better be aware that it ain't gonna last very long.

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Quantity over quality 🤌🏾
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine is working perfectly.
0 Likes
HoltaRose
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
The back of my active 2 just came off. The battery didn't hold more than a day even before this new issue. I had disabled everything... I was down to just give me my steps and let's call it a day. I purchased the watch on July 30, 2021. I loved the look, and the promise of all it could do --I am a runner (don't care about music or fancy trainer coaching app). Disappointed more than I can say...
0 Likes
userZd6Kq1icEH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my active2 (44 mm) for just over two years. I wear the watch about 22  - 23 hours/day. I put it in night mode while I sleep. I get up and do about 90 minutes of exercise. Then I take the watch off an put it on the inductive charger. It usually indicates about a 60% charge. I don't leave wifi on, but I do leave bluetooth on. It charges very quickly. I take my shower, have breakfast, and when I come back, the watch is ready to go at 100% charge. It seems pretty durable. I do all sorts of yard work, using various vibrating tools. I've never had the back come off or any other parts failing.

0 Likes
HoltaRose
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's great! I am envious. I am stuck with one, which the back fall in less than 6 months...
user5ztPjgv9VP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My galaxy watch was a gift in Dec 2020. The back came off and it was mailed off for. After about 2.5 weeks the watch was returned, watch fixed
Two months later, the back came off again and I didn't bother to get it repaired. I was happy that it still worked . Biw, I am dealing with the problem of it overheating and needs to cool down. I've tried all the recommended fixes and it didn't work. I didn't want an Apple product, but I guess it can't be any worse than what I have.
0 Likes
userZd6Kq1icEH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my Galaxy Active 2 (44 mm) watch just over two years ago. It still has good battery life and is in like-new physical condition. I wear it about 22 hours/day and put it on the charger for an hour or two while I'm having breakfast. It is a beautiful watch.

0 Likes