cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9gAfqSoWyi
Constellation

I have galaxy watch active for 2 month's and the sensor cover came off.

I have galaxy watch for 2 months and the sensor cover came off Samsung gave me a ticket number but I have little hope that they will replace.  I'm very disappointed because I love the watch.  It has never been in water it is defective. I should have bought the best buy warranty but it was a gift so it wasn't an option.  I find this very poor customer service for samsung I have been a customer of them for many other products. Doubt that will continue should of just bought another fitbit

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have galaxy watch active for 2 month's and the sensor cover came off.

Can I please have your full ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userh0f2KY5tnj
Constellation

I have the same problem.20190727_064305.jpg

I have the same problem 

user9gAfqSoWyi
Constellation

After seeing the other posts I doubt they are going to fix it without wanting to charge me.  But after a week of trying to get a shipping label from them it has been sent for repair.  They kept telling me my receipt was not valid which was ridiculous.  I think they should recall this product but doubt that will happen.  Good luck with yours.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userh0f2KY5tnj Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
userbDCxxlIyRT
Constellation

This is the exact issue that my watch has.

Like most other people posting here. My galaxy watch's sensor cover came unglued after a long humid run. I engaged with the CHat feature on Samsung's website and I was told that my watch had physical damage so it was no longer warrantable. I sent them a photo with the sensor cover sitting on the back of the watch. I am trying to figure out how poor design and bad glue equals physical damage and why I have to pay to have it repaired

My family owns multiple different Samsung products (TV, tablets, phones and watches) but this experience has been sadly eye opening and making me second guess what is left of my brand loyalty. The watch was not inexpensive in my mind and to have it fall apart in 7 months is sad. Samsung needs to own up to the issue and address it instead of making the consumer pay for their design and glue issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userbDCxxlIyRT Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

user9MyAUO2DHO
Constellation

@SamsungAdam This same thing happened to my watch today. Will the watch be ruined if near water now? 

Jesscadd
Constellation

My wifes cover came off of her watch as well.

The steps I took:

1. clean up any excess goop from the old adhesive on both pieces.

2. Get 3M 2-part epoxy adhesive 2216

3. apply very small bead around opening edge.

4. place sensor cover in place. Be sure to align clear areas with the led sensor.

5. gently press in place. and wipe excess off without getting it on the clear areas of the lens.

6. allow epoxy to cure.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Just as a heads up any self-repair of your device would void the warranty on your device.