cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm a Rogers Canada customer that doesn't support Galaxy watches? What will work or not work?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to purchase a Galaxy watch 46mm LTE or BT.   Rogers Canada my cell phone carrier says they do not support Galaxy watches.  (no eSim) If I purchase one, what will work? What will not work?  I have  a Galaxy S9 phone

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I'm a Rogers Canada customer that doesn't support Galaxy watches? What will work or not work?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I can understand wanting to make use of your watch with your phone. The watch itself should still function with your device and connect regardless of the carrier you are with. They may be referring to the carrier features that the watch could perform like making calls from the watch without the phone on lte service. I would recommend clarifying what your carrier would not support with the watch. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I'm a Rogers Canada customer that doesn't support Galaxy watches? What will work or not work?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I can understand wanting to make use of your watch with your phone. The watch itself should still function with your device and connect regardless of the carrier you are with. They may be referring to the carrier features that the watch could perform like making calls from the watch without the phone on lte service. I would recommend clarifying what your carrier would not support with the watch. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the GW 42mm LTE model, but I don't bother to activate the cellular connection on the watch.

(My carrier didn't support eSIM when I got it and now I don't need it.) So all network connection is via Bluetooth to my phone. The watch can connect directly to WiFi if not close to the phone, but I don't normaly use that either. 

So if you don't need network connectivity at times when the watch is completely in stand-alone mode, I'd say you don't loose anything. (I have read posts that suggests that some user's have bought a watch that is "locked" to carrier and any firmware updates to the watch is managed by the carrier, and they have to wait for it. Mine is not "locked" and updates come via phone/bluetooth connection.)