Original topic:

I'm severely frustrated!!!

(Topic created: 10-06-2022 09:43 PM)
natafine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have been calling AT&T and Samsung all week trying to get this watch fixed. It has given me nothing but problems ever since I got the thing. I have scanned countless QR codes and still my mobile plan fails. And when it does load, my mobile network is still unavailable. I have sent the watch to Samsung to get fixed once before and it still doesn't work. Now, they want me to send it back and charge me $70!!!! I'm paying $50 a month for a device I can't even use!!!!
22 Replies
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
if your watch has a data plan, deal with AT&T. this problem is on them. btw, what kind of watch?
0 Likes
natafine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's a Samsung Galaxy Active Watch 2. And I have been dealing with AT&T, but they keep transferring me to Samsung.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
you bought the watch from AT&T. ask them to replace it. back when I was with them, they replaced a phone for me that they couldn't fix.
natafine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tried that. And they won't replace it because I have no insurance on it. It's been defective since I bought it.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm sorry this is happening. I didn't have insurance on my phone, either. They replaced it. This is their problem, not Samsung's. If they thought you'd take your business elsewhere, they might react differently.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
50 a month for a Watch mobile plan? Isn't that more than some phone plans?
natafine
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm still paying for the watch plus the line. So, you can understand how upset I am.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok. Got it. Never had a lte enabled watch so no help from me. Sorry. Hopefully some people with experience will be by soon enough to help.
0 Likes
user2iXH2fOb3M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sounds like it won't connect to a data plan? If so, I had a similar issue, my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro wouldn't connect for anything Verizon... By playing with it, I discovered that I could connect to a service plan through my phone, but it times out very quickly, had to rush through the set up several times before I could make it to the end to complete setup... It's rediculous, but it work...
0 Likes