cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

IF you bought an Active Watch 2 for ECG, read this.

The Galaxywatch 3 has been announced, with the dream kit of functionality promised for the Active Watch 2.   The  mode 3 has FDA approval for 

ECG

Blood pressure monitoring

Pulse Oximetry

Trip/fall detection

What that means is...if you own a Galaxy Activewatch 2, and bought it for those repeatedly promised features, the chance of having Samsung keep  that promise is now zero. 

There is no way they are going to invest time and money into the ActiveWatch 2 - a now legacy,  cheaper product that will  directly complete with their flagship.

My Activewatch 2 will be my last Samsung product. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: IF you bought an Active Watch 2 for ECG, read this.

@userwAOf9ozkXb 

FDA approval just happened for the app and that bodes well for the Active 2 as well: https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-watch-3-ecg-fda-approval-us/

In Korea ECG approval JUST happened as well: https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-active-2-ecg-support-is-a-go-at-least-in-south-korea/

I'd hold your horses a little longer if I were you.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

@

Highlighted
Halo

Highlighted
Astronaut

From what I have been reading, if by December there is no update for the ECG and Blood Pressure monitoring, then it is not happening.

Also dependant on your country (I am in South Africa).

Highlighted
Constellation

I AGREE... THEY LIED ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND NOW IT'S ON THE NEW WATCH 3. UNLESS THEY SWAP MY OLD WATCH FOR A NEW ONE I'M DONE WITH SAMSUNG. HOW DISHONEST OF THEM TO LIE ABOUT FEATURES.