Original topic:

If workout is triggered via Samsung Health on my phone it doesn't use the watch

(Topic created: 06-30-2021 11:41 AM)
jdiffend
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If I start a workout, such as running, from my phone Samsung Health doesn't utilize my watch. Nothing shows up about a workout on my watch. The phone won't pull in stats like my heart rate from the watch. From the workout start screen I click the 3 dots and got to accessories. My watch is listed as connected.

The only way I can get stats from a workout is if I start the work out from my watch. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

0 Likes
4 Replies
greeninja13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can start workouts from your watch with the workouts widget. It's a bit easier than going through your phone and finding the workouts area of Samsung Health.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch and phone are separate devices, each with their own Samsung Health app independently running. The watch app controls the watch and the phone app the phone. They can sync some of the data but one doesn't control the other device.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
jdiffend
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here's how I know the phone/watch should be able to do this:

1. Open Samsung Health on my phone
  2. Run the workout program 5D Abs from my phone
  3. The workout activates on my phone and watch
  4. The phone shows the watch is connected and pulls in my heart rate from my watch
  5. The watch gives me a readout of the workout, just as if I started the workout from my watch
  6. From the watch I can pause the program, exit, etc.

You can see this happening in the picture below. The bottom right of the phone shows the watch pulling in data. Again this was 100% activated by my phone.

messages_0.jpeg

0 Likes
jdiffend
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the replies. I understand you can start a workout from the watch. Before buying the galaxy watch active2 I had a really simple Samsung Fit. Starting a workout from the samsung health app on my phone would automatically trigger the workout tracking on the fit. Figured the much fancier watch would do the same, but I guess it can't.

0 Likes