Original topic:

Immediate Battery Drain

(Topic created: 08-26-2020 07:07 PM)
userftjtJ8KNVc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I bought my Galaxy Watch about 3 months ago. For the most part it works great and the battery usually lasts 2-3 days. No issues. But periodically, I will go from a full charge to a dead battery within a matter of a few hours.

For example, I charged my watch to full right before bed time, then I put it on and set it to sleep mode. Normally, I can sleep through the night, have the alarm wake me up in time for work, and due to sleep mode, I'll usually still have 98% battery life left. However, my watch was completely dead when I woke up and my alarm didn't go off (thankfully I have a backup alarm on my phone).

This happens almost once or twice a week for the past month. I know I'll have nearly a full charge, but then it goes to dead in just a couple hours. I've tried resetting it, but nothing.

userVvtFWDPp8n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have noticed similar in the past week. On two occasions my watch battery has drained to about 30% before I'd noticed, where normal use sees me drop only to 80% by the end of the day. 

This appeared to correlate with the watch disconnecting from my phone and operating standalone only.

I hadn't looked to see wha was draining the battery, but will do so when it happens next. 

usermXTj3GXfZH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

There are so many threads complaining about sudden, random battery drain what on earth is going on Samsung? This problem has started in the last few weeks.

I have a Galaxy Watch, and my wife has a Galaxy Watch Active. They have both started to exhibit exactly the same problem.....

We always charge them overnight.

On a good day, they are fine, and by the evening still have between 60% and 70% battery remaining.

On a a bad day (about one day in every three), they can reach the point of goining into powersave, or even goining compeletly flat by mid afternoon. When I look at "battery useage" on the App, no app is showing massive use. They only total up to about 30%, ecen though the watch has dropped by 90%!!

Our watches do not have the "bad day" on the same day as each other, even thiough we have been together, and excersised together. It just seems totally random. 

There is no pattern to this. It does not seem to relate to how much excerisie we do. We have tried resets, turning WiFi off, but nothing seems to make a difference. HELP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Jomar175
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same watch but it is rare because the one that I have the whole day only consumes 20 to 30% I charge it up to 80% for its care and I never leave it connected, I mean, charging all night that I never do. c9mora buseaus chargers in amazon that the same when a device reaches 100% automatically stops charging bone it disconnects I recommend it. If you have a nearby Samsung store, check it out for free and replace the battery for free. Good night
Nnr
Solution
userKN0GcRlJcD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

back up everything except your samsung health. Turn off auto apps update. Then reset your watch. The problem is from samsung health app on the watch. Restore back your data to your watch but except the samsung health app. Then you are good to go.

View solution in context

mikefearn83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated. 

I haven't tried the Samsung health suggestion as yet, but why all of a sudden is this happening. I use the health features alot and this is a massive downside to situation. 

Has there been a recent Samsung health update which has caused these issues as my watch has not had a firmware update since January 2020.

jellypa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having the same exact issues.
Lucy8984
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same for me but on the 42mm. Used to get 2 days+ and now I can't get through a day. Checked and Samsung health is using over 40% of my battery power even though I haven't used it to track workouts or anything. I don't want to get rid of Samsung Health from my watch as that's one of the main features I like!
Shaydylady77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

THE SOLUTION

Or what worked for me, anyway.

** Factory Reset Your Watch **

It was pretty simple to do.  I opened Settings on my watch and selected Factory Reset.  I did not back anything up first (there's no data of any importance that I store on my watch that I can't put back in easily).  After a few minutes, the reset was done.  I opened my phone app to reconnect my watch.  From the phone app, I was able to get all the watch apps that I needed re-installed and it remembered my favorite watch face.  I used this opportunity to only reinstall watch-apps that I actually use, and not the fluff that I thought I'd use when I first bought the watch.

It's been a number of days since and all the glitches and battery drain issues have disappeared, just as quickly as they appeared it seems. 

Here is a link to instructions.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-watch-factory-reset-your-watch-sm-r800-sm-r...

0 Likes
userqHqJC3LbNN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Fully charged last night, got to work @8am, nno issues. Around 11am I feel it starting to get warm.  Looked and I was at 80% and dropping quickly. Just Power cycled, which has worked in past days this week in stopping the hemmorging battery issues, albeit I usually don't catch it when it's still at this high of state of charge.

I have not tried the factory reset yet.

0 Likes
METAPOOH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same issue Galaxy watch 3 LTE overheating and rapid battery drain using heart rate monitor and Tidal music on Bose Soundsport Free total walk time of around 2 hours starting with 100% will only have 15% when I get back home. Waiting on a refund. Maybe I'll skip the update on the replacement. This is my first smartwatch, am I asking for too much or should this battery last longer?
0 Likes