Original topic:

Immediate Battery Drain

(Topic created: 09-25-2020 10:46 PM)
userftjtJ8KNVc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I bought my Galaxy Watch about 3 months ago. For the most part it works great and the battery usually lasts 2-3 days. No issues. But periodically, I will go from a full charge to a dead battery within a matter of a few hours.

For example, I charged my watch to full right before bed time, then I put it on and set it to sleep mode. Normally, I can sleep through the night, have the alarm wake me up in time for work, and due to sleep mode, I'll usually still have 98% battery life left. However, my watch was completely dead when I woke up and my alarm didn't go off (thankfully I have a backup alarm on my phone).

This happens almost once or twice a week for the past month. I know I'll have nearly a full charge, but then it goes to dead in just a couple hours. I've tried resetting it, but nothing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userKN0GcRlJcD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

back up everything except your samsung health. Turn off auto apps update. Then reset your watch. The problem is from samsung health app on the watch. Restore back your data to your watch but except the samsung health app. Then you are good to go.

View solution in context

24 Replies
userPuLckhtTMN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exact same issue. It used to go 3-4 days between charges.  There was no gradual change, it was an immediate change to not lasting more than 2 hours

jon44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This also happened to me, and it was associated with the screen being unresponsive and other glitchy behavior (e.g., screen going totally dark).

It's only happened once since the new update (and it might have been an issue with sweat), so I'm hoping it fixed it.

user9mVKu49Hin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issues here: quick battery drain, loses BT connection, slow screen response. I thought it was my watch aging. But most likely due to an update. Samsung please fix these issues on the galaxy watch active.

userg8EP6tKr29
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have been having this issue the past 2 weeks or so.. Galaxy Watch 46MM LTE, Tizen 4.0.0.7, watch is less than a year old. 

Rapid battery drain even with wifi turned off, location off, NFC, off, all background apps closed, and all monitors turned off. Watch dropped 20% in less than 2 hours. It has also been accompanied with app crashes, screen freezing, slow response times, etc..

Shaydylady77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, same issue here.  It happened right after an update.  With this many users experiencing the same problems right after the update, it can't be a problem with sweat or other damage - it was the update.  Since it happened in August, or was it earlier(?), I've been checking and checking for a patch update.  Nothing.  Samsung, please get your act together.  At least message the community to acknowledge the problem and give us an idea of what to expect in terms of a resolution.

Wendita
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. We've been talking about this issue on another thread for a month now, and no one from Samsung has even commented. This all started after the August update, and at least once a week I go from 100-0 in less than 2 hours, usually overnight. Not sure why Samsung refuses to even acknowledge there is an issue.

Sarahsls
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same problem. Verizon told me to replace the battery in a verizon store, verizon stores don't do that. They sent me to a third party. That third party doesn't do smart watch batteries. They sent me to another tech repair third party. They don't have the equipment to replace the battery. Called samsung. They (incorrectly) told me I'm under warranty and can call asurion to get it replaced. Asurion said no because I'm not under warranty. I called Samsung back and they told me I'm not under warranty, but I can send my device to them for a repair and then they'd tell me how much it costs. I told them they're high if they think I'm sending my watch back to them without an estimate and ended up hanging up on them.

This battery issue is every single day. Charged to 100 last night, put on every power save I could think of, I woke up this morning with 62%, charged while getting ready to 78% and 8 hours later, at 20%. I don't use the watch for anything besides checking the time at this rate and I'm still experiencing this issue. So yea, I'd prefer if Samsung could pull it together and get this fixed before I go buy a FitBit.

userqHqJC3LbNN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed, same issue.  Charge to 100% overnight, go to work, sometime an hr or two later I feel the watch getting warm, check it and it's 53%. Very sluggish response then, sometimes unable to use power off feature so often end up performing reset by holding button. Generally improves and behaves normally following reset, albeit at less capacity. 

same thing next day

mikefearn83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 46 which all of a sudden is lasting less than 12 hours, compared to the 2 to 3 days which I am used to. 

AOD is turned off and always has been. The watch doesn't get used much and all power draining apps are disabled. In the battery settings it's shows as Samsung Health and watch face draining a majority of the power, with the health the overall top drainer. 

R800XXU1DSL1 is the installed software with no update showing available. Factory reset has been performed and still drains rapidly. 

What has suddenly changed to make the watch so poor. How can it drop from over 2 days battery to around 10 / 12 hours max.

Thank you.